EL-RUFAI’S FAMILY PROTESTS SSS DETENTION, ALLEGES TORTURE, MEDICAL NEGLECT. (PHOTOS).

Image
 El-Rufai’s Family Protests SSS Detention, Alleges Torture, Medical Neglect Former Kaduna State Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai has continued to face controversy over his detention, as members of his family and supporters staged a protest in Abuja on Monday over his custody by the State Security Service (SSS). The demonstrators, which included Senator Lawal Adamu and close relatives of the former governor, accused security authorities of subjecting him to psychological pressure and denying him access to medical care despite existing court directives. Speaking outside the SSS facility, El-Rufai’s second wife, Asia, said the family had been living under fear due to what she described as persistent surveillance and security intimidation connected to the case. According to her, the tension increased after El-Rufai appeared before Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court in Abuja, where he was granted bail before the matter was adjourned.  She alleged that despite prior arr...

LASG ALLAYS RESIDENTS' FEARS ON RECENT FLOODING EXPERIENCED ON LAGOS ISLAND. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE


 LASG ALLAYS RESIDENTS' FEARS ON RECENT FLOODING EXPERIENCED ON LAGOS ISLAND



… As HC Environment Undertakes Tour Of Lagos Island Regeneration Project


.... Announces Reopening Of Shut Ketu Fruit Market Following Compliance


The Lagos State Government on Friday allayed fears of Lagos Island residents regarding the recent flooding experienced, assuring residents that necessary measures are in place to effectively manage the floods. 




Speaking with newsmen after an assessment tour to check the level of work as regards Lagos Island regeneration project, the Commissioner for the Environment and Water Resources, Mr. Tokunbo Wahab said when the urban regeneration project is completed, it will address the perennial flooding issues in Adeniji, Oroyinyin, Idumagbo, Ojo Giwa, Jankara, Aroloya and environs. 




 "The ongoing urban regeneration construction work is causing a bit of inconvenience for Lagos Island residents, and we apologize; We can't make an omelette without breaking the eggshell. So the inconvenience is temporary for us to give a permanent solution to what have become a disturbing phenomenon on Lagos Island for a while", he said. 




He said the Governor and the team consisting of the Ministry of Environment and Water Resources and the Ministry of Infrastructure and Works had been to Lagos and environs to ascertain the level of work, adding that the team is happy with the pace at which the project is moving.



According to him, “The Government has set up a pumping station at Adeniji Adele Underbridge temporarily to pump out storm water in Aroloya Street, Ojo-Giwa, Binuyo, Oroyinyin and other areas in Lagos Island following the flooding of the areas due to ongoing constructions. The pumping station would allow the construction work to continue unabated in other areas. The urban regeneration completion would be in phases; as such the project would be completed in two years".



The Commissioner instructed that the illegal shanties constructed on the drainage channel of King Ado High School on Ojo Giwa be removed whilst also instructing that a building under construction on Idi Oluwo be sealed for dumping their building materials on the drainage channel. He reiterated that the Ministry would continue to ramp up its advocacy campaign on the ban of Styrofoam, adding that there is no going back on the ban of single-use Plastics.  



Wahab recalled that recently, the Federal Government stated that some states would be flooded; he, however, assured residents that Lagos State is prepared and has empowered the EFAG team to work throughout the year. 



He mentioned that the Ketu perishable foods market that was sealed on Thursday had been open a few hours ago, because the government observed their level of compliance and added that they cleaned up the market through the night.



In his words, "I would like to reiterate that all these markets have been served abatement notices severally without obeying; people cannot continue to be recalcitrants and forgetting that Government will enforce; So we had enforced. People had intervened and we said, let them do the right thing by cleaning up the market".



The Commissioner was accompanied by the Special Adviser on Environment, Engr. Olakunle Rotimi-Akodu; Permanent Secretaries, Office of Environmental Services, Dr. Gaji Tajudeen; Office of Drainage Services Engr. Mahamood Adegbite; Office of Infrastructure, Engr. Lateef Shomide; MD of LAWMA, Dr. Muyiwa Gbadegeshin; LASWMO’s GM, Engr Adefemi Afolabi; KAI Corps Marshall, Major Olatubosun Cole (Rtd) and other directors from the Ministry and its Agencies. 



Places visited included Ojo Giwa, Binuyo, Aroloya, Okoya Street, Dosumu, Oroyinyin Upstream, Odi-Oluwo and Adeniji Adele under bridge.

More photos below. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).