EL-RUFAI’S FAMILY PROTESTS SSS DETENTION, ALLEGES TORTURE, MEDICAL NEGLECT. (PHOTOS).

Image
 El-Rufai’s Family Protests SSS Detention, Alleges Torture, Medical Neglect Former Kaduna State Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai has continued to face controversy over his detention, as members of his family and supporters staged a protest in Abuja on Monday over his custody by the State Security Service (SSS). The demonstrators, which included Senator Lawal Adamu and close relatives of the former governor, accused security authorities of subjecting him to psychological pressure and denying him access to medical care despite existing court directives. Speaking outside the SSS facility, El-Rufai’s second wife, Asia, said the family had been living under fear due to what she described as persistent surveillance and security intimidation connected to the case. According to her, the tension increased after El-Rufai appeared before Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court in Abuja, where he was granted bail before the matter was adjourned.  She alleged that despite prior arr...

MWID ISSUES OVER 100 CONTRAVENTION NOTICES AGAINST ILLEGAL LAND RECLAMATION IN LEKKI. (PHOTOS). #PRESS RELEASE.


 MWID ISSUES OVER 100 CONTRAVENTION NOTICES AGAINST ILLEGAL LAND RECLAMATION IN LEKKI


As part of ongoing efforts to safeguard Lagos’ waterfront corridors and uphold physical planning regulations across the state, the Ministry of Waterfront Infrastructure Development (MWID) has issued over 100 contravention notices and 10 stop-work against illegal land reclamation in Ikota, Lekki.


The Honourable Commissioner for  Honourable Ekundayo Alebiosu gave the directives for the issuance of the contravention notices and stop-work order when he led a routine monitoring exercise along Ikota Creek, Eleganza, Lekki.


The operation was aimed at ensuring strict adherence to the State Government’s waterfront setback compliance and building regulations across the waterfront.


The contravention notices and stop-work orders were served on structures found to be encroaching on the natural creek corridor. The enforcement actions came on the heels of alarming discoveries, including unauthorised reclamation activities and deliberate attempts to illegally alter the natural course of the waterway.


Speaking during the exercise, Honourable Alebiosu stated that the waterfronts are not dumping grounds or free-for-all zones. He said that they are critical natural buffers that must be protected for current and future generations at all costs. 


“Any form of illegal encroachment planned or executed by any individual will be heavily resisted by the Ministry and will carry dire consequences.” he stated.


Alebiosu further ordered an immediate cessation of all unauthorised reclamation works, warning that such activities pose long-term environmental and infrastructural risks to surrounding communities.


The Honourable Commissioner reaffirmed his unwavering commitment to the protection and sustainable management of Lagos’ waterfronts, adding that MWID will continue to enforce the law without fear or favour.


“We owe it to Lagosians to preserve our coastal assets, therefore the Ministry remains fully committed to protecting these ecosystems and ensuring full compliance with all relevant constructions laws pertaining to the waterfront,” he added.


Honourable Alebiosu, therefore, urged all developers and residents to seek proper approvals and respect designated waterfront setback zones to support the State Government’s vision in accordance with the THEMES Plus Development Agenda for a sustainable and habitable metropolis.

More photos below. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).