GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

SUDAN RECORDS MORE THAN 100,000 CHOLERA CASES IN ONE YEAR- UN. (PHOTO).


 Sudan records more than 100,000 cholera cases in one year- UN


More than 100,000 cholera infections were reported in the war-hit Sudan in one year, the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) said.


“Sudan is facing the world’s largest hunger crisis, while cholera is rampant. Famine has been confirmed in some parts of the country,” OCHA said in a statement on the X social media platform.


“We cannot stand by, the people of Sudan need help,” it added, calling the cholera outbreak “the largest” in recent years, Anadolu Agency reported.


According to the Sudanese Health Ministry, at least 2,561 people have died of cholera since the outbreak of the epidemic in August 2024.


Deadly war


The cholera crisis comes as a raging war between the army and the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF) has killed more than 20,000 people and displaced 14 million others since April 2023, according to the UN and local authorities.


Research from US universities, however, estimates the death toll at around 130,000.


More than 100,000 cholera infections were reported in the war-hit Sudan in one year, the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) said.


“Sudan is facing the world’s largest hunger crisis, while cholera is rampant. Famine has been confirmed in some parts of the country,” OCHA said in a statement on the X social media platform.


“We cannot stand by, the people of Sudan need help,” it added, calling the cholera outbreak “the largest” in recent years, Anadolu Agency reported.


According to the Sudanese Health Ministry, at least 2,561 people have died of cholera since the outbreak of the epidemic in August 2024.


Deadly war


The cholera crisis comes as a raging war between the army and the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF) has killed more than 20,000 people and displaced 14 million others since April 2023, according to the UN and local authorities.


Research from US universities, however, estimates the death toll at around 130,000.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).