EL-RUFAI’S FAMILY PROTESTS SSS DETENTION, ALLEGES TORTURE, MEDICAL NEGLECT. (PHOTOS).

Image
 El-Rufai’s Family Protests SSS Detention, Alleges Torture, Medical Neglect Former Kaduna State Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai has continued to face controversy over his detention, as members of his family and supporters staged a protest in Abuja on Monday over his custody by the State Security Service (SSS). The demonstrators, which included Senator Lawal Adamu and close relatives of the former governor, accused security authorities of subjecting him to psychological pressure and denying him access to medical care despite existing court directives. Speaking outside the SSS facility, El-Rufai’s second wife, Asia, said the family had been living under fear due to what she described as persistent surveillance and security intimidation connected to the case. According to her, the tension increased after El-Rufai appeared before Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court in Abuja, where he was granted bail before the matter was adjourned.  She alleged that despite prior arr...

I NEVER SAID BUHARI WAS LINKED TO BOKO HARAM, JONATHAN CLARIFIES. (PHOTO).


  I never said Buhari was linked to Boko Haram, Jonathan clarifies


Former President Goodluck Jonathan has refuted media reports claiming he accused the late former President Muhammadu Buhari of having ties with Boko Haram, describing the allegations as “false and misleading.”

In a statement on Saturday by his media aide, Ikechukwu Eze, Jonathan clarified that his recent remarks at the launch of Scars — a book written by former Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Lucky Irabor (rtd) — were taken out of context.

He explained that he merely referenced a past incident in which Boko Haram named Buhari among individuals it wanted to represent them in peace talks, noting that this was part of the group’s deceptive tactics and not an indication of any connection between Buhari and the insurgents.

“At no time did Dr. Jonathan suggest, imply, or insinuate that President Buhari had any connection with Boko Haram or that he supported the group in any form,” the statement reads.

“His remarks were made to illustrate the deviousness and manipulative strategies employed by Boko Haram in their early years.”

The former president emphasised that the mention of Buhari’s name by the insurgents was one of several false claims made by factions pretending to represent Boko Haram at the time.

“Boko Haram often invoked the names of respected public figures to sow confusion, exploit political divisions, and undermine public confidence in government,” Eze added.

Jonathan’s office further questioned why, if Buhari was truly the group’s chosen negotiator, Boko Haram did not end its violent campaign after he became president.

“Dr. Jonathan recognises that President Muhammadu Buhari, like every patriotic Nigerian, stood firmly against terrorism and was himself a target of Boko Haram violence,” the statement continued.

Jonathan urged Nigerians to disregard the misrepresentation, reaffirming his continued commitment to national peace, unity, and democratic stability.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).