EL-RUFAI’S FAMILY PROTESTS SSS DETENTION, ALLEGES TORTURE, MEDICAL NEGLECT. (PHOTOS).

Image
 El-Rufai’s Family Protests SSS Detention, Alleges Torture, Medical Neglect Former Kaduna State Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai has continued to face controversy over his detention, as members of his family and supporters staged a protest in Abuja on Monday over his custody by the State Security Service (SSS). The demonstrators, which included Senator Lawal Adamu and close relatives of the former governor, accused security authorities of subjecting him to psychological pressure and denying him access to medical care despite existing court directives. Speaking outside the SSS facility, El-Rufai’s second wife, Asia, said the family had been living under fear due to what she described as persistent surveillance and security intimidation connected to the case. According to her, the tension increased after El-Rufai appeared before Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court in Abuja, where he was granted bail before the matter was adjourned.  She alleged that despite prior arr...

MAN ACCUSED OF SHOOTING INTO SACRAMENTO TV STATION FACES NEW CHARGE, DENIED BOND. (PHOTO).


 Man accused of shooting into Sacramento TV station faces new charge, denied bond

SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA - Anibal Hernandez Santana, accused of firing multiple shots into a Sacramento ABC television station, learned Thursday that he will remain in custody without bond. During a hearing in Sacramento County Superior Court, the judge cited concerns that Santana could pose a danger to others and might not appear for future court dates.

State prosecutors also added a new charge, alleging Santana unlawfully discharged a firearm into an unoccupied building on Sept. 18, roughly 12 hours before the ABC10 incident. Santana, 64, pleaded not guilty to all charges. No one was injured during the shootings. His attorney, Mark Reichel, said the defense may explore mental health arguments, noting that it is a viable option under California law. Santana is next scheduled to appear in state court on Jan. 21, 2026, when attorneys will discuss scheduling a preliminary hearing. State prosecutors are now handling the case before federal authorities, after discussions with federal prosecutors. Court filings revealed that authorities found handwritten notes at Santana’s home and car with threatening messages and references to public figures. The arraignment focused on outlining the charges and explaining why bond was denied, with prosecutors describing Santana as a highly dangerous individual who planned the shootings.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).