MY DECISION TO WITHDRAW FROM THE RIVERS STATE GUBERNATORIAL PRIMARIES- GOV. FUBARA. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 GOVERNMENT OF RIVERS STATE   PRESS STATEMENT  MY DECISION TO WITHDRAW FROM THE RIVERS  STATE  GUBERNATORIAL PRIMARIES  Fellow Rivers People, After deep reflection and extensive consultations with my family, friends, and associates, I have taken the difficult but necessary decision to withdraw from the APC gubernatorial primaries. I do so with a full heart and with a firm commitment to support whoever emerges as the candidate of our great party. Leadership is ultimately about sacrifice. There comes a time when personal ambition must yield to the greater good of the people. Rivers State is bigger than any individual, and at this critical moment, the peace, stability, and unity of our dear state must take precedence over every personal interest. To my supporters who stood firmly with me throughout this journey who gave their time, resources, prayers, and unwavering hope, I offer my deepest gratitude. I understand the disappointment, the anger, and the pa...

DRONE ATTACK FROM SUDAN KILLS 17 IN CHAD, CHADIAN GOVERNMENT SAYS. (PHOTO).


 Drone attack from Sudan kills 17 in Chad, Chadian government says


A cross-border drone attack from Sudan killed 17 ‌people in Chad including mourners attending a funeral service, the Chadian government and local sources said on Thursday, and the country's president vowed to retaliate for any further attacks.


The ​border town of Tine was struck on Wednesday afternoon as mourners gathered ​at a house for a funeral ceremony for a dead ⁠relative that involved reading the Koran, a local resident said, Reuters reported.


There were two ​explosions and casualties included mourners and children who had been playing nearby, said ​the resident, who declined to be identified for security reasons.


Local government sources said it was not immediately clear who was behind the attack.


The conflict in Sudan between the Sudanese army and ​the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF), which began in April 2023, has periodically ​spilled into Chadian territory, causing casualties and property damage.


Sudan's army and the RSF issued statements ‌blaming ⁠each other for the attack. Sudan's army offered "sincere condolences and deepest sympathies to the families of the victims" and to Chad's government and people.


Chad closed its eastern border with Sudan last month after clashes linked to the war killed five ​Chadian soldiers.


In a ​statement issued early ⁠on Thursday, the government said Chad had strengthened its security presence at the border and could potentially carry out ​operations on Sudanese territory.


The office of Chad President Mahamat Idriss ​Deby said ⁠in a statement late on Wednesday that Deby had ordered the army to retaliate against any attack from Sudan.


Two local government sources had earlier put the ⁠toll at ​16 killed and 10 wounded. A military source said ​all the dead and injured were civilians.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).