FORMER MANCHESTER UNITED STAR PAUL SCHOLES HANDED SIX-MONTH DRIVING BAN.(PHOTO).

Image
 Former Manchester United star Paul Scholes handed six-month driving ban Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes has been handed a six month driving ban after he racked up two convictions in the space of two days. The 51-year-old was caught speeding in a Range Rover in March while on a late-night drive through Cleckheaton in West Yorkshire. West Yorkshire Police brought a prosecution over the incident, as Scholes’ car had been clocked at 37mph on a 30mph stretch of residential road. The ex-England star was also taken to task by Greater Manchester Police after a Mercedes registered in his name was caught driving at 49mph in a 30mph zone in November last year. Scholes was then prosecuted for failing to respond to two police letters asking for confirmation that he had been the speeding driver. The two criminal cases culminated in hearings on two days last week, when Scholes was handed a six-month driving ban and ordered to pay fines, costs, and court fees totalling £1,472. A ...

NIGER'S PRESIDENT VISITS ALGERIA, SIGNALLING AN END TO DIPLOMATIC TENSIONS. (PHOTOS).


 Niger's president visits Algeria, signalling an end to diplomatic tensions


Niger’s President Gen. Abdourahamane Tiani arrived in Algeria on Sunday for an official working visit, holding talks with Algerian President Abdelmadjid Tebboune, in a move seen as signaling an end to more than 10 months of diplomatic tension between the two countries.


Algeria’s presidency said in a brief statement on Facebook that Tebboune received Tiani, who is leading a high-level delegation, without providing further details.


State television reported that Tebboune welcomed his Nigerien counterpart at Houari Boumediene International Airport in Algiers, describing the visit as reflecting the “depth of historical relations” between the two nations, Anadolu Agency reported.


Footage on state TV showed an official welcoming ceremony, including the playing of both countries’ national anthems and a guard of honour.


Senior Algerian officials attended the reception ceremony, including Senate Speaker Azzouz Nasri, Army Chief of Staff Gen. Said Chanegriha, Foreign Minister Ahmed Attaf, and Energy and Mines Minister Mohamed Arkab, according to state television.


Tebboune and Tiani later held bilateral talks in the airport’s VIP lounge with members of both delegations present. No immediate details were released on the substance of the discussions or the length of the visit.


Closing of rift


Local media and analysts said the official welcoming and high-level talks indicate a definitive closing of the rift that strained relations for over 10 months.


On Thursday, Algeria announced the immediate return of Ahmed Saadi, its ambassador to Niger, after a reciprocal downgrade of diplomatic ties since last April. The move followed the resumption of duties by Niger’s ambassador to Algeria, Aminou Malam Manzo, also on Thursday.


Mending fences The diplomatic rift began last April, when Niger, Burkina Faso and Mali, members of the Alliance of Sahel States, recalled their ambassadors from Algeria after Mali accused Algiers of shooting down one of its drones.


Algeria said at the time that the aircraft had violated its airspace on an offensive trajectory, marking the third such breach.


Algeria responded by recalling its ambassadors from the three countries under the principle of reciprocity. It later said Niger’s decision stemmed from solidarity within the Sahel alliance rather than a bilateral dispute.


Ties began to thaw late last year. In November, the Nigerian president sent Tebboune a message marking Algeria’s Revolution Day. In January, Algerian Energy Minister Mohamed Arkab visited Niger to review joint oil projects, the first senior-level Algerian visit since the diplomatic downgrade.


Algeria and Niger share nearly 950 kilometers of border and cooperate on major regional projects, including the Trans-Saharan Highway and a proposed gas pipeline that would transport Nigerian natural gas to Europe through Niger and Algeria. It is a huge project that could allow the transport of 30 billion cubic meters annually.

More photos below. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.