FORMER MANCHESTER UNITED STAR PAUL SCHOLES HANDED SIX-MONTH DRIVING BAN.(PHOTO).

Image
 Former Manchester United star Paul Scholes handed six-month driving ban Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes has been handed a six month driving ban after he racked up two convictions in the space of two days. The 51-year-old was caught speeding in a Range Rover in March while on a late-night drive through Cleckheaton in West Yorkshire. West Yorkshire Police brought a prosecution over the incident, as Scholes’ car had been clocked at 37mph on a 30mph stretch of residential road. The ex-England star was also taken to task by Greater Manchester Police after a Mercedes registered in his name was caught driving at 49mph in a 30mph zone in November last year. Scholes was then prosecuted for failing to respond to two police letters asking for confirmation that he had been the speeding driver. The two criminal cases culminated in hearings on two days last week, when Scholes was handed a six-month driving ban and ordered to pay fines, costs, and court fees totalling £1,472. A ...

UKRAINE’S VLADYSLAV HERASKEVYCH BARRED FROM OLYMPICS FOR WEARING HELMET HONORING FALLEN SOLDIERS. (PHOTO).


Ukraine’s Vladyslav Heraskevych barred from Olympics for wearing helmet honoring fallen soldiers


  Ukrainian skeleton athlete Vladyslav Heraskevych, a top medal contender at the Milan-Cortina Olympics, was barred from competing Thursday after refusing the International Olympic Committee’s request to remove a helmet honoring more than 20 Ukrainian athletes and coaches killed in the war with Russia. The decision came just 45 minutes before his scheduled race, ending a three-day standoff over the helmet, which the IOC said violated rules against political or personal statements on the field of play.

Heraskevych had worn the helmet during training, but the IOC offered alternatives, including wearing a black armband or displaying the helmet after his run. “I believe, deeply, the IBSF and IOC understand that I’m not violating any rules,” Heraskevych said, calling the decision discriminatory since other athletes had expressed personal messages without repercussions. IOC President Kirsty Coventry met with him privately at the track but was unable to reach an agreement. The IOC expressed regret over the ruling, stressing that it supported the message of remembrance but sought to maintain neutrality on the field of play. Heraskevych plans to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, but the race went on without him, ending his Olympic campaign. Fellow Ukrainian athletes and supporters condemned the move as unfair and inconsistent, citing previous cases in which athletes honored the deceased without penalty.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.