FORMER KENNEDY CENTER EMPLOYEES ALLEGE LEADERSHIP DELAYED ROOF REPAIRS BEFORE CITING SAFETY ISSUES IN CLOSURE DECISION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Former Kennedy Center employees allege leadership delayed roof repairs before citing safety issues in closure decision Former Kennedy Center employees allege that the venue’s leadership knew about serious structural problems well before citing newly discovered hazards as the reason for its abrupt closure this month. The claims were outlined in a letter to Congress from a lawyer representing anonymous whistleblowers. The letter accuses the center’s executive director and chief operating officer, Matt Floca, of failing to prioritize roof repairs and stopping a funded repair plan in April. Floca disputes the allegations, saying recent inspections revealed that water damage had spread farther into the building than officials previously knew. In a September court declaration, Floca cited “acute risks to public safety” following an inspection that found deterioration in a roof terrace canopy and a partial ceiling collapse. The former employees contend those dangers were already known to...

I’M NOT LEARNING YOUR DAMN LANGUAGE - TRUMP JOKES AT SHIELD OF THE AMERICAS SUMMIT. (PHOTO).


 I’m Not Learning Your Damn Language - Trump Jokes at Shield of the Americas Summit


President Donald Trump brought levity to his first Shield of the Americas Summit, poking fun at his own Spanish skills while meeting with Latin American leaders at his Doral Golf Club on Saturday, March 7.


Speaking to 12 leaders from across the region, the 79 year old joked that while he hoped to visit their countries one day, learning Spanish was not on his agenda. “Marco loves going to your countries. 


He’s always at one of these countries. He likes your countries the best,” Trump said, referring to Marco Rubio.


Trump then laughed about his own limitations with languages. “He’s got a language advantage over me, ‘cause I’m not learning your damn language. I don’t have time. I was okay with languages but I’m not gonna spend time learning your language. That much I won’t do,” he said, emphasizing the value of a “good interpreter” in international discussions.


Later, Rubio addressed the leaders in Spanish, acknowledging that “some of these cameras are covering in Spanish.” The senator, whose parents immigrated from Cuba, added humorously, “We don’t need an interpreter for this one. I think I’m a good interpreter, you’ll find out in a second.”


After Rubio’s brief Spanish address, Trump returned to the podium and gave his playful assessment. “Is he better in Spanish or in English? I think he’s better in Spanish … it’s great,” he said, smiling at the crowd.


Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth also joined the lighthearted moment, opening his speech with a quip: “Mr. President, I only speak American.”


The Shield of the Americas initiative, introduced by the Trump administration, is aimed at improving regional security. 


According to White House spokesperson Olivia Wales, the program focuses on “advancing cutting-edge strategies to defeat narco-terrorist cartels and stop illegal mass migration to make America and the entire Western Hemisphere safer.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.