FORMER MANCHESTER UNITED STAR PAUL SCHOLES HANDED SIX-MONTH DRIVING BAN.(PHOTO).

Image
 Former Manchester United star Paul Scholes handed six-month driving ban Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes has been handed a six month driving ban after he racked up two convictions in the space of two days. The 51-year-old was caught speeding in a Range Rover in March while on a late-night drive through Cleckheaton in West Yorkshire. West Yorkshire Police brought a prosecution over the incident, as Scholes’ car had been clocked at 37mph on a 30mph stretch of residential road. The ex-England star was also taken to task by Greater Manchester Police after a Mercedes registered in his name was caught driving at 49mph in a 30mph zone in November last year. Scholes was then prosecuted for failing to respond to two police letters asking for confirmation that he had been the speeding driver. The two criminal cases culminated in hearings on two days last week, when Scholes was handed a six-month driving ban and ordered to pay fines, costs, and court fees totalling £1,472. A ...

PETER OBI, HAS STATED THAT HE WILL CONTEST THE 2027 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, DECLARING THAT HE WILL NOT BE INTIMIDATED BY THE LARGE NUMBER OF GOVERNORS BELONGING TO THE APC. (PHOTO).


 Former Anambra State governor, Peter Obi, has stated that he will contest the 2027 presidential election, declaring that he will not be intimidated by the large number of governors belonging to the All Progressives Congress (APC).


Obi, who was the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (Nigeria) in the 2023 election, said several attempts have been made to discourage him from joining the race, but he remains determined to contest.

The former governor spoke on Saturday in Nimo, located in Njikoka Local Government Area of Anambra State, during an empowerment programme organised by the member representing Dunukofia, Njikoka and Anaocha Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives, George Ozodinobi.

Addressing supporters at the event, Obi painted a grim picture of the country’s situation, saying Nigeria is in a critical state and urgently needs to be rebuilt.


According to him, his interest in the presidency is not driven by personal ambition but by a desire to see a functional nation where opportunities are not limited to the privileged.

He criticised what he described as widespread greed among some wealthy Nigerians, noting that many people who already have enough still scramble for benefits meant for those in need.

Obi pointed to the empowerment programme as an example, saying it was surprising to see some affluent individuals competing for items they do not truly need.


He further argued that the system in Nigeria has become unfair to the poor, adding that his political ambition is rooted in the desire to create a country where ordinary citizens can succeed based on merit.

The former governor also spoke about his recent move to the African Democratic Congress (ADC), explaining that internal leadership disputes in the Labour Party had been taken to court. Although the courts reportedly delivered favourable rulings, he claimed the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) initially refused to recognise them.


Obi alleged that the situation changed shortly after he left the party at the end of December, when the same rulings were eventually acknowledged.

He further claimed that some recent constitutional adjustments were aimed at preventing him from contesting the presidency.

Despite this, Obi said he remains undeterred and challenged those in power to ensure that the next election is free and fair.

According to him, if a transparent contest is allowed, Nigerians will ultimately decide who leads the country.


Obi also commended Ozodinobi for organising the empowerment programme, stressing that electing capable and compassionate leaders into the National Assembly remains crucial for national development.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.