2027: AKPABIO WARNS AGAINST AI-DRIVEN FALSEHOODS. (PHOTO).

Image
  2027: Akpabio warns against AI-driven falsehoods Ahead of the 2027 presidential and general elections, President of the Senate, Senator Godswill Akpabio, has warned political actors against using artificial intelligence (AI) to spread falsehoods and deepen divisions in the country. Akpabio said politicians must ensure that the electoral contest did not become a platform for communal, religious or regional divisions, stressing that political differences should not destroy the bonds holding the country together. He spoke on Tuesday in his address of welcome as the Senate resumed plenary after its two-month annual recess, which began on July 23, 2026. The Senate President said campaigns for the 2027 elections had begun and political parties had chosen their candidates, urging those seeking elective offices to present their programmes with conviction and allow Nigerians to make their choices freely. “Those who seek office need not see eye to eye in order to walk hand in hand as Niger...

FCT MINISTER NYESOM WIKE DENIES LAND GRABBING ALLEGATIONS, DEFENDS ACQUISITION FOR JUDGES’ QUARTERS. (PHOTO).


 FCT Minister Nyesom Wike Denies Land Grabbing Allegations, Defends Acquisition for Judges’ Quarters


Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has strongly rejected claims that he is a land grabber, insisting he is simply performing his official duties.


Wike made the declaration on Wednesday during the inauguration of the Federal High Court Judges Quarters in the Katampe area of Abuja. The project is part of a series of initiatives marking President Bola Tinubu’s third year in office. Vice President Kashim Shettima represented President Tinubu at the event.


Addressing critics on social media, the minister explained the background of the land acquisition. 


“When we came here looking for land to construct judges’ quarters, there was no road, but last year, Mr. President commissioned all the roads within this Katampe,” Wike said.


He noted that the land originally belonged to Julius Berger PLC, which had been allocated the property 15 years earlier but made no significant development. 


“I looked at the records and said we wanted to build Judges Quarters, so we took back our land,” he stated. “All over social media, they were calling me a land grabber but I didn’t bother myself because I knew where I was going.”


Wike further defended his actions, saying: “Any politician not called names is not a politician. Out of that land grabbing is where we are today. People should know that I did not grab any land; I’m doing the work I’m supposed to do.”


The minister revealed that the FCT administration has acquired several properties in the area, which will now be designated as the “Judges Zone.” He added that no other persons will be allowed to reside within the vicinity. 


“Those who built over two, three stories, I asked them to bring it down and we paid them compensation,” Wike disclosed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.