FORMER MANCHESTER UNITED STAR PAUL SCHOLES HANDED SIX-MONTH DRIVING BAN.(PHOTO).

Image
 Former Manchester United star Paul Scholes handed six-month driving ban Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes has been handed a six month driving ban after he racked up two convictions in the space of two days. The 51-year-old was caught speeding in a Range Rover in March while on a late-night drive through Cleckheaton in West Yorkshire. West Yorkshire Police brought a prosecution over the incident, as Scholes’ car had been clocked at 37mph on a 30mph stretch of residential road. The ex-England star was also taken to task by Greater Manchester Police after a Mercedes registered in his name was caught driving at 49mph in a 30mph zone in November last year. Scholes was then prosecuted for failing to respond to two police letters asking for confirmation that he had been the speeding driver. The two criminal cases culminated in hearings on two days last week, when Scholes was handed a six-month driving ban and ordered to pay fines, costs, and court fees totalling £1,472. A ...

UGANDAN OPPOSITION FIGURE COLLAPSES IN COURT, PARTY OFFICIAL SAYS. (PHOTO).


 Ugandan opposition figure collapses in court, party official says


Prominent detained Ugandan opposition figure Kizza Besigye collapsed on Wednesday while attending a court session in the capital Kampala where he is on trial ​for treason, a senior official in his party said, Reuters reported.


Besigye, 70, has ‌been in custody since November 2024 after he was detained together with his aide Obeid Lutale in neighbouring Kenya and both were repatriated to Uganda where they were subsequently charged with ​treason.


They denied the charges and party officials and their lawyers have described ​the charges as politically motivated. Multiple attempts to be released on ⁠bail have been denied.


"Besigye collapsed ... he was just standing and he suddenly ​collapsed. After some time an ambulance came and they took him away but we ​don't know where he has been taken," Harold Kaija, a senior official in Besigye's party People's Front for Freedom (PFF), told Reuters.


Besigye's detention has fuelled anger among local and ‌international ⁠human rights activists and the Commonwealth has called for his release.


Critics of President Yoweri Museveni, 81, say Besigye's continued detention is an example of rampant human rights violations in the country, including crackdowns on opposition leaders and critics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.