GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

OBALUFEMI OBADEYI,A FAKE LASMA OFFICER ,TAKEN TO KIRIKIRI.

      Obalufemi Obadeyi,a fake officer of the Lagos state Traffic Management Authority,LASTMA,has been remanded in Kirikiri prison,Lagos,over extortion of motorists.He was arrested on Saturday 28 December,2013 and was later arraigned before an Ikeja magistrate court for impersonating as an official of the agency to extort money from unwary motorists.Obalufemi Obadeyi,33years  old graduate of Business Administration from the Yaba college of Technology,was employed into the Lagos state civil service in 2002,before he was dismissed by LASMA for misconduct in August 2006.After his dismissal,he was said to have sewn a new LASMA uniform and changed his name to avoid being detected.The father of one was arrested by the parol team of LASMA after receiving a tip off from some motorists who reported illegal activities of some one parading himself as an official of the agency while extorting money from them at Ojuelegba area of Lagos.The suspect after being arrested said that he was advised on dismissal from service to hand over all the agency's paraphernalia in his possession,but deliberately held onto his old identity card he had declared missing before his dismissal.The magistrate presiding over the case,Mrs Dan Oni,ruled that the accused be remanded in Kirikiri prisons till 16 January,pending when sentence would be passed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).