
Today makes it two years exactly when the missing Chibok school girls were adopted from their school in Borno,by members of the Boko Haram Islamist terrorist group.A new video that surfaced yesterday,showed some of the girls not all,looking matured {all grown up} and some of their parents have identified them as their children,raising hopes and global calls for efforts to find them.A video obtained by the U.S network CNN was shown to three mothers of the girls.About 15 featured in the new video,saying they were from the Government Girls Secondary School in Chibok and pleading with the Nigerian government to cooperate with Boko Haram on their release.The girls said they were being treated well but wanted to go home and be with their families.Rifkatu Ayuba and Mary Ishaya said they recognized their daughters,Saratu and Hauwa,in the video,while a third mother,Yana Galang,identified five of the missing girls.A CNN spokesman said the network had obtained the video from a source close to the negotiations after it was sent to negotiators by their captors as proof of life''.He said the video appeared to have been shot on December 25 last year because the girls say so in the video and the metadata also indicated this.Various false leads have raised hopes of finding the girls over the past two years but their whereabouts remains unknown.Boko Haram militants abducted 276 schoolgirls from Chibok on April 14,2014,of which 57 escaped but 219 are still missing despite a global campaign.More photos below.




Comments
Post a Comment