ANAMBRA GOVT WARNS AGAINST PURCHASE OF ENCROACHED LAND AT TRANS-NKISSI. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE.
Anambra Govt Warns Against Purchase of Encroached Land at Trans-Nkissi By MaryAnn Chukwuma The Anambra State Ministry of Lands has warned members of the public against purchasing plots at TransNkissi Phase 1, behind the Federal Government Girls College, Onitsha, from persons claiming ownership on behalf of the Umuosodi family of Onitsha. The warning was contained in a public notice dated Sept. 28, 2026, with Ref. No. PS/ML/2026/CR/VOL.II/028 and signed by the Permanent Secretary, Mrs Nkeiru Mokwe, for the Commissioner. According to the notice, the Ministry became aware that persons alleged to be members of the Umuosodi family had invaded and commenced clearing portions of the land with the intention of selling them to unsuspecting members of the public. It said compensatory plots had been allocated to the family and other families in Onitsha before the current administration. The Ministry added that the affected land had been lawfully allocated to various individuals and groups in...
A 38 year old petty trader,Mrs Lovina Odo,has committed suicide by hanging herself with rope tied to a ceiling fan at No. 1,Ukpaka lane,Umusiome village,Nkpor-agu near Onitsha in Anambra.The incident occurred on March 28 at about 5pm.Mr Okechukwu Odo,the hussband of the deceased,said he and Lovina had been married for over eight years without a child.Odo,a car washer,said he returned home from work at about 6:30 pm and met sympathisers around his one-room apartment.''I left home for work that morning after taking my breakfast;she had asked that I buy a tuber of yam for dinner when I return.When I returned,I saw people gathered around my apartment only to be told that my wife had committed suicide,'' he said.
Comments
Post a Comment