GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).
Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...
Today thurday 6th of April 2017,EFCC secured the conviction and sentences of one Sabo Abdullahi before Justice M.G Umar of the Federal High Court,Gombe on two count charge prefered against him.Sabo,a former retainership billing officer,under the finance department of the Federal Teaching Hospital,Gombe was arrested by the EFCC operatives of the Gombe Zonal office following a petition by his employee.He was alleged to have used his position to defraud some individuals retainership clients including the Gombe State Government House,various Banks,Federal and State Government Adencies which they used to receive the hospital servicess on credit and to settle the bills via payment.Sometime in 2012,the convict received the sum of N18,208,866.50 on behalf of his employee from Gombe state Government House meant for settlement of the medical bills,but only remitted N9,475,100.00 to the hospital and converted the remaining balance of N8,729,766.50 to his personal benefit.He was arraigned on 24 October,2016 and pleaded not guilty.Following hiss plea,the prosecution counsel Israiel Akande opened his case and the trial commence by calling witnesses and tendering alot of documents as exhibit.However,in the case of trial,the convict opted to change his plea today from not guilty to guilty having being overwhelmed by evidences front loaded by the prosecution.Following his plea of guilty,Justice Umar convicted and sentenced him to two years imprisonment on count one as well as three years imprisonment on count two both with out an option of fine but to serve concurrently.More photos below.
Comments
Post a Comment