GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

SAHARA REPORTERS LIED ON BOKO HARAM TERRORIST CAPTURE OF FIVE ADAMAWA TOWNS-ARMY.#PRESS RELEASE.

No photo description available.
     The attention of Theatre Command Operation LAFIYA DOLE has been drawn to a misleading news story on Sahara Reporters website, posted on 4th February 2019, alleging that Boko Haram terrorists have taken over four towns in Adamawa State. This is not true.
Contrary to Sahara Reporters' claims in that online story, the Headquarters Theatre Command wishes to inform the general public that the said publication is untrue and a far cry from the reality on ground in Adamawa state. Categorically, no town in Adamawa, Borno or Yobe state is under the control of the insurgents. Unfortunately ,the alarming publication has generated undue panic amongst the general public and therefore needs to be addressed.
In straightening the records, troops were alerted to an attack on Shuwa by Boko Haram terrorists who had infiltrated the village through Karchinga on a looting mission, to which the troops of 143 Battalion swiftly responded by moblising themselves to Shuwa village, where they fiercely engaged the insurgents in combat and successfully repelled the attack and curtailed the incursion. The troops, who recovered one Hand Grenade and 6 rounds of Anti Aircraft ammunition after the encounter are currently holding grounds in Shuwa village, while some elements of the Battalion are exploiting further in pursuit of the fleeing insurgents.
Sadly, before the arrival of troops to the location, the insurgents had killed 3 persons, looted and torched a shop, a health care centre and a local market.
It is pertinent to further inform that calm has been restored in Shuwa village, while Madagali, Michika, Gulak and Baza towns remain peaceful and firmly under control of the troops.
Our hearts go out in deep sympathy to those who fell during the attack and those who have been affected in one way or the other by the incident.
We however urge Sahara Reporters to desist from its alarming and sensationalized reportage to avoid panic.
Please disseminate this information to the general public through your medium.
Thank you for your kind cooperation.
ONYEMA NWACHUKWU
Colonel
Deputy Director Public Relations
Theatre Command Operation LAFIYA DOLE
5 February 2018
No photo description available.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).