CBN DEBUNKS FAKE NEWS ON NEW N5,000 AND N10,000 BANKNOTES.(PHOTO).

Image
  The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has dismissed a viral claim circulating on social media about the introduction of new ₦5,000 and ₦10,000 banknotes, labeling it as fake news. The claim, which included fabricated images of the supposed new denominations featuring Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe and Chief Obafemi Awolowo, falsely stated that the new notes would enter circulation from May 1, 2025. In a statement on its verified Facebook account, the CBN clarified that the content is not from the bank and directed the public to its official website, (www.cbn.gov.ng), for authentic information. The bank warned against spreading misinformation regarding monetary policies and urged Nigerians to rely only on official statements from its verified channels. The CBN reaffirmed that any major policy decision, including the introduction of new banknotes, would be announced through its official platforms. The public is advised to remain cautious and verify financial information from credible sources befor...

TWO ARRESTED OVER MURDER OF YOUNG GIRLS IN PORT HARCOURT HOTEL.{PHOTOS}.



     The Rivers State Police Command has confirmed the arrest of two suspects linked the murder of two young girls at a hotel in Port Harcourt, Rivers State capital.
The state Commissioner of Police, Mustapha Dandaura who gave an update on police effort to address the killings which led to an outcry of a serial killer being on the loose, said an agreement was reached with hotel owners and managers some weeks ago over a compulsory installation of CCTV cameras.
The Police boss said any hotel that fails to comply with the directive will be shut down at the end of the ultimatum. Expressing shock that some hotel owners are yet to comply with the directive, Dandaura revealed that eight young women had been murdered in the state by suspected ritual killers in the past two months and each victim always had white clothes strapped around their necks and waists.
The Commissioner of Police added that one of the suspects was arrested in Kaduna after a young lady reported that he was trying to lure her to a hotel with a promise of paying her N30,000.
Asides pleading with hotel owners not to accept guests on short stay as against a day or more which is the standard in many hotels, Dandaura also listed confirmation of guests’ phone numbers, identity cards and the registration of visitors by hotel managers as other check-in and check-out procedures to tackle the hotel killings.More photos below.
Image result for Two arrested over murder of young girls in Port Harcourt hotel... 
Image may contain: one or more people 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

ACTOR BABA IJESHA APPEALS FIVE-YEAR JAIL SENTENCE FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT. (PHOTO).