GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

VICTIM RESCUED AS POLICE ARREST MAN WHO MASTERMINDED ABDUCTION OF HIS NEIGHBOR'S 8-YEAR OLD DAUGHTER IN LAGOS.{PHOTO}.


The Lagos State Police Command has again arrested two male suspects, Desmond Ikechukwu Okafor (21) and Egwuonwu Gift Iyke (34) who allegedly conspired together and kidnapped an 8-year-old child, Daniel Chukwudi, on 11th July, 2021.

A statement released on Saturday August 21 by the spokesperson of the state police command, CSP Adekunle Ajisebutu, says the kidnap was planned and executed by the victim's neighbour, Desmond Okechukwu Okorafor who, using his unhindered access to the family, lured the victim from his parents' home at Aboru, Ipaja, and adopted him to Ajangbadi area of Lagos where he was kept in custody for six days before he was rescued. 

''Twenty -four hours after the evil act, the suspects reached out to the victim's parents and demanded 2.5m Naira ransom as a condition for his release from captivity or else he would be killed. 

Following report by the distraught parents, operatives of the State Intelligence Bureau began a painstaking, diligent investigation which led to the arrest of the two suspects in their criminal hideout while the victim was also rescued from his detention where he was kept incommunicado.'' the statement in part read

Ajisebutu added that the state Commissioner of Police, CP Hakeem Odumosu, has directed that the suspects should be charged to court, vowing that kidnappers and other criminal elements would not be allowed to operate in the State.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).