IYIENU COLLEGE OF NURSING SCIENCES MATRICULATES, CAPS 183 STUDENT NURSES. (PHOTO).#PRESS RELEASE

Image
 Iyienu College of Nursing Sciences Matriculates, Caps 183 Student Nurses ‎ ‎By Nneka Ejeckam ‎ ‎The College of Nursing Sciences, Iyienu, has matriculated and capped 183 student nurses of the 2025 set of National Diploma (ND) Nursing students. ‎The ceremony, held on October 2, marked an important milestone in the academic and professional journey of the student nurses.  ‎ ‎The Proprietor and Bishop on the Niger, His Lordship, the Rt. Rev. Owen Chiedozie Nwokolo, was represented at the event by Ven. Frank Obi. The occasion attracted dignitaries, government representatives, captains of industry, parents and other guests who gathered to celebrate the achievement of the student nurses. ‎ ‎Speaking on behalf of the Bishop, Ven. Frank Obi thanked God for the successful ceremony and congratulated the matriculating and capped students on their achievement. He urged the students to remain determined, persistent and diligent in their studies, noting that with trust in God, their hands a...

A MUM FROM PLYMOUTH NAMED HER SON 'LUCIFER',SAID THE NAME POPPED INTO HER HEAD ONE DAY.{PHOTOS}


A mum has spoken out after receiving backlash for the name she picked for her son after appearing on a TV debate criticising baby names.  Josie Barnes, 27, called into the debate on the Jeremy Vine show while they were discussing whether it was rude to criticise people's choice of baby name.  
She had called her seven-month-old son Lucifer and also has a six-year-old daughter with six middle names.  The mum-of-two from Plymouth said Lucifer popped into her head one day.

She told Plymouth Live: "There wasn't any inspiration for the name. I've looked at many baby books and I like unusual names.
 I don't like having the standard names.  "I assumed I was having a girl so I picked a girl's name because we are a very female-dominated family - I was going to call her Narnia, but then I found out I was having a boy.  "I like the names I like, it may not be right for other people. When I chose his name I knew people wouldn't like it but it's not up to them.

"I had a couple of family members saying 'you can't call him that', but I said I'm not religious so it doesn't stand for what other people think it stands for.
I've had people ask me why, but I say why not?  The name is no different than Sarah or Dom."
Since going public with her son's name, opinion has been divided on social media. One person wrote: "Going to bullied all his life. How sad" and another said "Poor lad".
However, others were in support of the name Lucifer with one writing: "My son is called Lucifer nothing wrong with his name we love it. "It actually means barrier of light only closed-minded people say it's the devil's name and again only closed-minded people will bully him no different than calling your child Lilith or Damion both biblical names but no one says anything about that."
Another also wrote: "I think it's a lovely name.
More photos below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.