FRANCE'S HIGH SCHOOL PROTESTS HAVE TURNED VIOLENT NATIONWIDE THIS WEEK.(PHOTO).

Image
  France's high school protests have turned violent nationwide this week. France's high school protests have turned violent nationwide this week. Total chaos in France, police flee when hundreds of agitated school kids advanced, despite over 5,000 arrests. These high school kids are protesting over France government raising education budget by 1.7% (€1.2bn), which is below inflation rate of 3.4%. What sparked the protests Students are angry about school conditions and funding.  • Overcrowded classrooms and teacher shortages drove initial walkouts   • Government raised education budget 1.7% (€1.2bn), below 3.4% inflation  • Protests began late September and spread to 560-735 schools.  How it escalated this week Clashes grew and arrests topped 5,000. • Interior ministry reports 5,000+ arrested since Monday, ~80-85% minors • 300 police/gendarmes injured, 170 students and 65 staff injured • Riot police used tear gas; fires and attacks on schools reported e • Go...

OLD AGE ALREADY TELLING ON ME,PRESIDENT BUHARI ADMITS.[PHOTO].

President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday admitted that old age is telling on him adding that he has been rescued from the rigours of office by COVID-19 pandemic.


Speaking on how he has been able to cope with the rigours of office at 79, Buhari said the outbreak of COVID-19 has reduced the number of persons he receives on a daily basis.


“About my age, I see my colleagues, they are now resting and I assure you that I’m looking forward to the next 17 months when I too will have to be less busy. The age is telling on me, working now for 6, 7,8 hours per day in the office is no joke”.


“The Executive Council, memos from as many states as possible to be considered virtually every week. So, really, it is a lot of hard work but like I said, I asked for so I cannot complain”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.