GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

SOCIAL PROTECTION: GOV. ZULUM DOLES OUT N62.7M TO 846 STORE' LABOURERS.(PHOTOS).#PRESS RELEASE.


Social protection: Zulum doles out N62.7m to 846 stores’ labourers 

Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum, on Monday gave a total sum of N62,750,000 to 846 elders and labourers providing services at Bolori Stores, a popular area in Maiduguri where trailers offload and move variety of wholesale food and non-food products from Borno to other parts of Nigeria and neighbouring countries. 

The distribution was in continuation of Governor Zulum’s sustained economic packages aimed at enhancing livelihoods and building resilience of citizens as part of counter-insurgency measures. 

Of the 846 beneficiaries, Zulum presented N100,000 each to 409 elderly low income persons operating around the stores, some of who, for many years, have been into manual labour. The elders jointly received a total of N40.9 million. 

The governor also presented N50,000 each to 437 younger labourers made up of 387 men and 50 women. They jointly received a total of N21.8 million.
 
Zulum urged the recipients to use the cash for micro businesses with a view to increasing their sources of income. 

He described the labourers as highly a productive population whose line of work helps in making available basic necessities needed by all categories of citizens across Borno State. 

The Governor noted that their activities significantly contributed to the state’s economy, noting that many trailers arrive and depart Bolori Stores everyday to bring in food and non-food items into Borno State and move similar products to other parts of Nigeria and neighbouring countries. Such activities, Zulum said, contribute to the state’s economy. 

The Commissioner for Sports and Youths Empowerment, Saina Buba, whose ministry coordinated the intervention, said Zulum had supervised similar empowerment programmes in different parts of the state. 

One of the beneficiaries was full of gratitude to the governor, saying some of them were receiving such amounts for the first time. 

The beneficiaries promised to make good use of the gesture.
More photos below. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).