CBN DEBUNKS FAKE NEWS ON NEW N5,000 AND N10,000 BANKNOTES.(PHOTO).

Image
  The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has dismissed a viral claim circulating on social media about the introduction of new ₦5,000 and ₦10,000 banknotes, labeling it as fake news. The claim, which included fabricated images of the supposed new denominations featuring Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe and Chief Obafemi Awolowo, falsely stated that the new notes would enter circulation from May 1, 2025. In a statement on its verified Facebook account, the CBN clarified that the content is not from the bank and directed the public to its official website, (www.cbn.gov.ng), for authentic information. The bank warned against spreading misinformation regarding monetary policies and urged Nigerians to rely only on official statements from its verified channels. The CBN reaffirmed that any major policy decision, including the introduction of new banknotes, would be announced through its official platforms. The public is advised to remain cautious and verify financial information from credible sources befor...

ANAMBRA WOMEN AFFAIRS COMMISSIONER TO INVESTIGATE DEATH OF WOMAN ALLEGEDLY KILLED BY HUSBAND OVER A LOAF OF BREAD.(PHOTOS).#PRESS RELEASE.




WOMEN AFFAIRS COMMISSIONER TO INVESTIGATE DEATH OF WOMAN ALLEGEDLY KILLED BY HUSBAND OVER A LOAF OF BREAD.



By Chidinma Ikeanyionwu


Anambra State Women and Social Welfare Commissioner, Hon Ify Obinabo says investigation is currently on to ascertain the true cause of death of one late Ogochukwu Anene who was allegedly killed by her husband Mr Wilson Uwadiegwu over a loaf of bread in Enugu state.


This she made known when the mother of the deceased Mrs Cordelia Anene visited her in her office in Awka.


While alleging that her daughter was killed by the husband, Mrs Anene explained that late Ogochukwu was beaten by the husband because he ate the loaf of bread she bought for the kids and when the children wanted to eat, he became furious why they would ask him about the bread and pounced on her with mirror and other objects which left her in bad condition.


Mrs Anene noted that few days after the beating, her daughter was hospitalized at Niger Foundation Enugu where she was said to be bleeding internally as a result of injury sustained during the beating. She confirmed that the doctors said this after series of scan had been carried on her and referred them to Enugu State University Teaching Hospital (UNTH) Ituku Ozalla.


She lamented that while all these were happening, the said husband was no where to be found.


Intimating the women and social welfare Commissioner further on the things done already, she stated that although they have gone for an autopsy but they have not been able to get feedback on the result rather, the officer handling the case in Enugu is begging that they drop the case.


She therefore called on the state government to come to their aid and give her daughter justice.


Speaking after listening to the mother of the deceased, the women and social welfare boss, Hon Obinabo stated that since the deceased is from Anambra state, the state government will not keep quiet over the unfortunate incident but will make sure that investigation leading to the cause of death of late Ogochukwu is thoroughly carried out and concluded in record time. 


She also said that the state will synergy with Enugu State government in investigating the case in order to get justice for the deceased.


Hon Obinabo went further to urge women in abusive marriages to always speak out and seek help instead of staying because of what the society will say.


Recall that there was a viral post online alleging that one Ogochukwu Anene popularly known as Ada Àwka was beaten to death by the husband. It is in the light of the above that the honorable commissioner for women and social welfare is throwing her weight in order to get justice for the deceased

More photos below. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

ACTOR BABA IJESHA APPEALS FIVE-YEAR JAIL SENTENCE FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT. (PHOTO).