LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM. (PHOTOS). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM The Lagos State Government has presented the Staff of Office and Instrument of Appointment to Prince Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, as His Royal Majesty, Alaiyeluwa Oba Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, the Onise of Ise Kingdom in Lekki Local Government Area. The presentation was performed on Friday, August 21, 2026, by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Rural Development, Dr. Nurudeen Yekinni Agbaje, alongside the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Local Government, Chieftaincy Affairs and Rural Development, Mrs. Kikelomo Bolarinwa, with the approval of the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu and the Lagos State Executive Council, following the demise of the late Oba Ganiu Adebowale Adegbesan, Onise of Ise Kingdom. Speaking at the occasion, Dr. Agbaje urged the new Monarch to make peace, unity and inclusive development the pillars of his reign, stressing the important role traditional institutions play in promoting har...

POLICE CONFIRM OIL PIPELINE EXPLOSION IN RIVERS,12 PERSONS FEARED DEAD.(PHOTOS).




Police Confirm Oil Pipeline Explosion in Rivers, 12 persons feared dead 


The Rivers State Police Command has confirmed an explosion of oil pipeline at the Rumurkpe community in the Emuoha Local Government Area of Rivers State.


The Explosion happened at about 2AM today, Friday, March 3, 2023 when one of the buses that has loaded with crude oil to drive to another area where the refining will take place in an artisanal refineries kick his vehicle leading to the explosion.


In a statement t by the spokesperson of the comma.d SP GRACE IRINGE-KOKO said Preliminary investigation by the Police Command indicates that the victims were scooping crude product when the site caught fire. So far, about 12 persons are believed to have been burnt to death. The identities of the victims are still unknown.


Five vehicles, four Keke NAPEPs, and one motorcycle were all burned to ashes.


Meanwhile, the Rivers State Commissioner of Police has again admonished members of the public to stay away from illegal oil bunkering, and avail themselves of the following hotlines to report any incident or development they believe has the potential to lead to crime or break down of law and order: 08032003514, 08098880134. 


In the meantime the Executive Director, Youths and Environmental Advocacy Centre (YEAC-Nigeria) FYNEFACE DUMNAMENE FYNEFACE in a statement said the  explosion and fire which left dozens including women dead and burnt beyond recognition with many other vehicles and tricycles burnt to ashes at the tapping point on the Trans Niger Delta Pipeline (TNP) that passed through the community. 


The executive director of YEAC-Nigeria who raised the alarm said the centre git the information through its Crude Oil Spill Alert System (COSAS) and members of its “One Million Youth Volunteers Network of Human Rights Defenders and Promoters in the Niger Delta” in the community.

 More photos below. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.