GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

EFCC ARRAIGNS MAN FOR N4.8M LAND SCAM IN KADUNA. (PHOTO).#PRESS RELEASE.



EFCC Arraigns Man for N4.8m Land Scam in Kaduna

The Kaduna Zonal Command of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has arraigned one Munkai'la Abubakar before Justice Daruis Khobo of the State High Court sitting in Kaduna, Kaduna State on a seven count charge bordering on obtaining by false pretence and forgery. 

The defendant sometime in January, 2018, allegedly sold four plots of land to one Umar Iskil for N4, 800,000 with forged titled documents.

One of the count charges reads: “that you, Munka'ilu Abubakar sometime in January, 2018 at Kaduna within the Judicial Division of the High Court of Justice of Kaduna state with intent to defraud forged a document titled "TAKARDAN YARJENIYAN SAYAR DA PLOT KO GIDA DAKE DANBUSHIYA KADUNA" in respect of plot situate at Millennium City, Danbushiya Kaduna purportedly issued by Abubakar Mamadi, and you thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 344 and punishable under Section 345 of the Kaduna State Penal Code Law, 2017”.

The defendant pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Consequently, the prosecution counsel, N. Salele applied for a date for trial to commence and urged the court to remand the defendant. However, the defence counsel, Yunus O. Olakulehin urged the court to admit the defendant to bail.

Justice Khobo adjourned till May 10, 2023, for hearing of the defendant's motion for bail and remand the defendant in Nigeria Correctional Centre.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).