GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

ALABA MARKET DEMOLITION: EZEKWESILI TELLS SANWO-OLU TO PUBLISH DETAILS OF EACH DESTROYED BUILDING.(PHOTO).



Alaba Market Demolition: Ezekwesili Tells Sanwo-Olu To Publish Details Of Each Destroyed Building.....


Former Minister of Education, Oby Ezekwesili, has advised the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, to immediately publish details of each building that was demolished in Alaba International Market, and the "dateline of the due process rules" that were exhausted by the State Government before those buildings were demolished.


She said that doing so would prove to members of the public that the demolition was not a political attack against the Igbo people in Alaba International Market.


A few days ago, the Lagos State Government had begun removing what it described as distressed buildings in Alaba International Market.


It was gathered that an enforcement team had gone round to reseal the buildings which had before now been marked with several quit seal notices by the Lagos State Building Control Agency (LASBCA).


The demolition had sparked mixed reactions from members of the public, with some people claiming that the demolition was a political attack against the Igbos in Lagos.


In the statement which she released via her verified Twitter handle, Oby Ezekwesili said - "I have a policy advice for Babajide Sanwo-Olu that would be helpful for all sides and the public.


"Mr Governor, please immediately publish details of each destroyed building and the dateline of due process rules that were exhausted by your Government before it was removed.


"It will be wise for the Governor to take this counsel on Transparency and Full Disclosure since it would provide evidence to the public that this is not a vengeful political attack against the predominant Igbo community in Alaba Market."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).