GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

MATERNAL NEWBORN CHILD HEALTH WEEK: MRS SOLUDO SAYS WIDER SPREAD, AWARENESS ESSENTIAL TO ACHIEVE TARGET. (PHOTOS).


Maternal Newborn Child Health Week: Mrs Soludo Says Wider Spread, Awareness Essential To Achieve Target.



Anambra Governor's wife, Mrs Nonye Soludo says the involvement of all health facilities in the state in the ongoing maternal newborn child health week will give maximum boost to the programme and help achieve the intended goals faster.

Mrs Soludo who stated this in Awka while assessing modalities for the exercise which was kicked off just recently, noted that it is also important to strengthen the delivery and utilization of health services using the 600 primary health care centres, as well secondary and tertiary health facilities, in order to make the programme evenly effective.

She stated that it is very important to ensure every child and pregnant mother is reached within the period of the interventions, and said she was satisfied with the arrangements to have health workers working at the 600 primary health care centres, schools, churches, mosques, playgrounds, markets and other strategic areas in the state from Tuesday, June 27 to Sunday, July 2, 2023.

The Anambra governor's wife also explained that with the prioritization of Vitamin A administration and nutritional screening for children, de-worming, immunization, severe acute malnutrition, antenatal care, health education, HIV test and family planning, the exercise will have great impact on existing policies designed to reduce mortality and improve mother and child health.

Mrs Soludo also called for stronger awareness on the exercise, stressing that the involvement of heads of local councils, leaders of communities and religious institutions, health workers and other important stakeholders, will strengthen the programme's reach.

She also urged pregnant and nursing mothers residing in Anambra State, to visit the nearest health facility where the exercise is designated, and to follow up actively on each of the activities.

The Anambra first lady further reassured that the primary vision of her husband's administration's health policies is to give everyone living in the state effective, accessible and affordable health care opportunities, stating that Anambra State is keenly pursuing key roadmaps to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
One more photo below. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).