2027: ABIA APC GOV CANDIDATE UNVEILS RUNNING MATE. (PHOTO).

Image
 2027: Abia APC gov candidate unveils running mate The All Progressives Congress governorship candidate in the 2027 general election in Abia State, Eric Opah, presented his running mate, Godswill Egbe, to the party in the state, noting that the party is running to win. Opah made the presentation on Monday in Umuahia, the state capital. “If you want to choose somebody to work with, you have to make sure that it is not somebody who will give you trouble. So, because running mate and deputy governor positions often come with disagreements with the principal, I took my time. I have to tell our party members, this is a man of integrity,” Opah said. He added that Egbe is a man that Abians and the APC will be proud of. “Let me make it very clear. We are running this election. APC is running this election to win. “Agu Egbe will work with me in honesty to use Abia money to work for Abians. We are not going to claim 400 roads when we build 20. We are going to ensure that we create jobs for A...

ORJI KALU BREAKS DOWN IN TEARS, DECLARES I’M NOT A THIEF.(VIDEO/PHOTO).


Orji Kalu Breaks Down In Tears, Declares ‘I’m Not A Thief


There was drama in an emotion-laden valedictory session at the Senate on Saturday when former Governor of Abia State and Chief Whip of the 9th Senate broke down in tears and declared he’s not a thief.

Kalu who has refused to back down in order to support the candidates his party, the All Progressives Congress, APC, announced as its preferred choices for the 10th Senate leadership stood up to speak during the session when he recounted his experience in politics amid tears.

The two times governor of Abia fought back tears, recounting his ordeal in prison at the Kuje Correctional Service declaring in a teary voice, “This country is not fair.”

Recall the senator was convicted of laundering to the tune of N7.1 billion belonging to the Abia State government while he held sway as governor between 1999 and 2007

He was arraigned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, alongside Ude Jones Udeogu, a former director of finance and accountant in the state during his administration, on 36 counts of money laundering.

He was sentenced to 12 years imprisonment on December 5, 2019, while Udeogu got a 10-year sentence.

But the Supreme Court later nullified the trial and ordered for a retrial. This was after they had spent months in prison.

Kalu returned to the Senate and took part in a plenary which ended on Saturday.

Providing an insight of his time in politics, Kalu, whose election in the February 25 Senatorial Election is a subject of litigation said, “Before I came into politics, I could buy anything money can buy. I’m not a thief,” he said in tears.

“Those that put me in prison know the reason. They took over my businesses and wanted to kill me yet I survived it and I’m in the senate with you,” he said.

never lacked, while I was in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) where I served for two terms as governor, I brought the money that they used in forming that party, every penny, in 1997 and 1998, and I later became a thief. 

“People I gave transport money from my house in VI became agents. This is what Nigeria represents. Thank you for giving me these four years of uninterrupted support.

“This country is not fair.”



 Watch video below. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.