ANAMBRA GOVT WARNS AGAINST PURCHASE OF ENCROACHED LAND AT TRANS-NKISSI. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 Anambra Govt Warns Against Purchase of Encroached Land at Trans-Nkissi By MaryAnn Chukwuma The Anambra State Ministry of Lands has warned members of the public against purchasing plots at TransNkissi Phase 1, behind the Federal Government Girls College, Onitsha, from persons claiming ownership on behalf of the Umuosodi family of Onitsha. The warning was contained in a public notice dated Sept. 28, 2026, with Ref. No. PS/ML/2026/CR/VOL.II/028 and signed by the Permanent Secretary, Mrs Nkeiru Mokwe, for the Commissioner. According to the notice, the Ministry became aware that persons alleged to be members of the Umuosodi family had invaded and commenced clearing portions of the land with the intention of selling them to unsuspecting members of the public. It said compensatory plots had been allocated to the family and other families in Onitsha before the current administration. The Ministry added that the affected land had been lawfully allocated to various individuals and groups in...

I ONCE NEARLY TOOK MY LIFE- BILLIONAIRE FEMI OTEDOLA'S BEST KEPT SECRET.(PHOTO).



I once nearly took my life — Billionaire Femi Otedola's best kept secret


11th Jul 2023 


Nigerian billionaire, Femi Otedola, has revealed that he almost committed suicide after losing $480 million in the diesel market in 2008.


He spoke about his depressive episode during his business partner Akin Akinfemiwa’s 50th birthday celebration in London.


According to a Nairametrics, Otedola revealed how instrumental the celebrant was to him getting through the depressive episode that struck him after losing the money.


In his words: “My relationship with Akin is what I would call destiny prevails. 


“In 2005, I had a friend that worked in Oando, and she did mention to me that she had a colleague. 


“And she called Akin, and we spoke.”


Otedola spoke about how Akin came to his aid when he was unable to find a capable oil trader.


He added: “I set up my trading company in 


London: Fine Shade Energy. 


“I was looking for a trader, and I couldn’t find any good trader. 


“I called Dimeji Edwards, who was Akin’s boss. 


“Akin picked up the phone to come and see me.”


Otedola noted that shortly after this, he offered Akin a job.


He said: “Now when I say destiny prevails, the business collapsed. 


“I built a massive empire. 


“I had 93 per cent diesel at my fingertips. 


“I was a bit playful, and the business collapsed.”


It was at this point that Otedola started to have suicidal thoughts. 


He then spoke about how he reconsidered taking his own life after thinking about his family.


He said: “The option I had then was to commit suicide. 


“Then, of course, I thought of Nana and the kids. 


“And I said no, I won’t commit suicide.”


The billionaire concluded his speech by highlighting how he was able to overcome his tumbling block. 


He did so by stepping down as the Chief Executive Officer and made Akin the CEO of the London office.


He said: “I gave him 1 per cent of the business. 


“I now later, made him the CEO of Zenon Oil and then the CEO of African Petroleum.”


The businessman stated that after this, he was impressed by how his new partner turned the business around. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.