ANAMBRA GOVT WARNS AGAINST PURCHASE OF ENCROACHED LAND AT TRANS-NKISSI. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 Anambra Govt Warns Against Purchase of Encroached Land at Trans-Nkissi By MaryAnn Chukwuma The Anambra State Ministry of Lands has warned members of the public against purchasing plots at TransNkissi Phase 1, behind the Federal Government Girls College, Onitsha, from persons claiming ownership on behalf of the Umuosodi family of Onitsha. The warning was contained in a public notice dated Sept. 28, 2026, with Ref. No. PS/ML/2026/CR/VOL.II/028 and signed by the Permanent Secretary, Mrs Nkeiru Mokwe, for the Commissioner. According to the notice, the Ministry became aware that persons alleged to be members of the Umuosodi family had invaded and commenced clearing portions of the land with the intention of selling them to unsuspecting members of the public. It said compensatory plots had been allocated to the family and other families in Onitsha before the current administration. The Ministry added that the affected land had been lawfully allocated to various individuals and groups in...

MOVIE DIRECTOR SAID I COULDN'T BE ACTOR BECAUSE I'M ALBINO- DAMILOLA OGUNSIN. (PHOTO).


Movie director said I couldn't be actor because I'm albino - Damilola Ogunsin

Nollywood actor, Damilola Ogunsin, has recounted how a movie director once told him that he could not be an actor because he is an albino.

The prolific thespian narrated this in a recent interview with Hip TV, revealing some of his major challenges in the movie industry.

Ogunsin said, “When I was coming into Nollywood, I had a major director who I will not mention his name. He looked at me and said, ‘Why do you want to be an actor? How many albinos do you find as actors? It’s not a place for you to be.’

“I have been doing theatre since primary school. I have been in the theatre group in my primary school, secondary school, my church, in my polytechnic in Ibadan, in University of Lagos, and everywhere.”

The ‘Gold Fish’, as he is fondly called, said he has always been passionate about theatre, stressing that he doesn’t think his “beautiful skin” is what is to stop him from achieving his dreams.

He said his determination to become an actor made him resign from his banking job and join Nollywood.

Ogunsin said, “It has been six glorious years post-banking. And has it been easy? No. But what I try to do consistently, is to step out of the stereotype. I’m not trying to be known as the albino actor. I’m the actor who is an albino. That’s a different thing.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.