LEGENDARY ACTOR MANOJ KUMAR DIES AT 87: ‘ROTI KAPADA AUR MAKAAN’ DIRECTOR BREATHES HIS LAST IN MUMBAI. (PHOTOS).

Image
 Legendary actor Manoj Kumar dies at 87: ‘Roti Kapada Aur Makaan’ director breathes his last in Mumbai Manoj Kumar, the Bollywood actor and filmmaker, renowned for his patriotic films, passed away at the age of 87 at Mumbai's Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital. The cause of his death was identified as cardiogenic shock due to acute myocardial infarction, according to medical reports. The medical reports confirmed that apart from a severe heart attack that took away his life, Manoj had been battling decompensated liver cirrhosis for the past few months, ANI reported. Following deteriorating health condition, he was admitted to the hospital on February 21, 2025. Popularly known as ‘Bharat Kumar,’ Manoj Kumar was an exceptional director and actor who was honoured with National Film Award. He also received the Padma Shri in 1992 and Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2015, which is the highest award in field of Indian cinema presented annually by the Government of India to recognise outstandin...

PSC COMPULSORY RETIRES 4 DIGS. (PHOTO).


PSC Compulsorily Retires 4 DIGs

The Police Service Commission has directed four Deputy Inspector Generals of Police to compulsorily proceed on retirement while four Assistant Inspector Generals of Police have been elevated to the rank of Deputy Inspectors General of Police to replace the newly retired senior officers.

In a statement issued by the Head, Press and Public Relations of the commission Mr. Ikechukwu Ani, the affected DIGs are Dan-Mallam Mohammed, Moses Ambakina Jitiboh, Hafiz Mohammed Inuwa and Adeleke Adeyinka Bode.

Mr Ani said that in the wake of the appointment of the acting Inspector General of Police, IGP Kayode Egbetokun on the 19th of June, 2023 by Mr. President, the Commission had expected in consonance with the revered tradition of discipline and regimented culture of the Nigeria Police Force that those DIGs who were seniors in rank prior to his elevation will voluntarily apply for retirement or elect to leave the Force. 

According to Mr. Ani, the Commission, having waited for ample time with no such application from any of them, took the decision to compulsorily retire them in order to uphold discipline which is the bedrock of the Force, and to discourage status reversal which is inherently inimical to the exercise of authority by the Inspector General. 

"The Police Service Commission in exercise of its statutory powers, pursuant to the Third Schedule, Part 1 M, para A&B of the 1999 Constitution, reinforced with Section 6 of the Commissions (Establisment) Act 2001, para a, c, d, e, &f, has compulsorily retired four Deputy Inspectors General of Police"

Accordingly, the former DIGs have been mandated to Immediately proceed on compulsory retirement with effect from Friday, 25th August, 2023.

He said the Commission appreciates their immense contributions and efforts towards peace and security of the country and also wishes them well in their future endeavours in retirement. 

Mr Ani said the approval of the appointment of four Assistant Inspectors General of Police to the rank of Deputy Inspectors General of Police will still be subject to ratification by the Board of the Commission to replace the retired DIGs.

"The newly appointed DIGs who are without Pending Disciplinary Matters and/or without any serious medical conditions and health impairments were drawn from the same respective geo-political regions of the retired ones.

They are Ibrahim Sani Ka'oje; Daniel Sokari - Pedro, Ayuba Ekpeji, and Usman Nagogo"

While congratulating them for their elevation to the enviable rank of DIGs, the Commission hopes that their appointment will add value and greater vigour to the efforts of the Nigeria Police in delivering on its mandate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

ACTOR BABA IJESHA APPEALS FIVE-YEAR JAIL SENTENCE FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT. (PHOTO).