GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

KIDNAPPERS FREE REMAINING ONDO CHURCH MEMBERS AFTER RANSOM PAYMENT. (PHOTO).


Kidnappers Free Remaining Ondo Church Members After Ransom Payment

The remaining worshippers at the Christ Apostolic Church (CAC), Oke gan in Akure, Ondo State, abducted last Friday have been freed after payment of a huge ransom.

Daily Trust gathered that the worshippers were released Thursday evening at a location in the state after a final negotiation for the ransom was reached.

Powered By
VDO.AI

PlayUnmute
Fullscreen
ad
Recall that the kidnappers had demanded N50 million ransom for the release of the 17 victims after eight of the 25 victims escaped from the kidnappers’ den last Saturday.

The victims, who are mostly choir in the church, were abducted on the notorious Elegbeka road in Ifon, Ose Local Government Area of the state while they were on their way for a funeral.

A source in the church disclosed in a chat that the remaining victims were brought to the church premises late Thursday night.

“The negotiating team of the church returned with the remaining victims at 11:47 pm to the church premises in Akure after a ransom was paid,” he said.

Funmilayo Odunlami-Omisaya, Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in Ondo, confirmed the release of the victims.

“They were released late yesterday (Thursday) evening,” Mrs Odunlami-Omisanya said.

When asked if the victims paid any ransom before they were released to their family members, she said, “I can’t confirm if a ransom was paid.”

The Ondo police image maker later revealed that an effort was ongoing to arrest the abductors of the Christian worshippers.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).