2027: ABIA APC GOV CANDIDATE UNVEILS RUNNING MATE. (PHOTO).

Image
 2027: Abia APC gov candidate unveils running mate The All Progressives Congress governorship candidate in the 2027 general election in Abia State, Eric Opah, presented his running mate, Godswill Egbe, to the party in the state, noting that the party is running to win. Opah made the presentation on Monday in Umuahia, the state capital. “If you want to choose somebody to work with, you have to make sure that it is not somebody who will give you trouble. So, because running mate and deputy governor positions often come with disagreements with the principal, I took my time. I have to tell our party members, this is a man of integrity,” Opah said. He added that Egbe is a man that Abians and the APC will be proud of. “Let me make it very clear. We are running this election. APC is running this election to win. “Agu Egbe will work with me in honesty to use Abia money to work for Abians. We are not going to claim 400 roads when we build 20. We are going to ensure that we create jobs for A...

AYRA STARR APOLOGISES FOR 'UNINTENTIONAL ' DISRESPECT OF KSA.(PHOTO).


Ayra Starr apologises for ‘unintentional’ disrespect of KSA

Following the backlash received by Ayra Starr, the 21-year-old singer has apologised to King Sunny Ade for disrespecting the legendary musician in a now-viral video.
The Nation reports that the artist faced harsh criticism online after shaking hands with the music icon at an event.
Social media users had expected that the singer would greet Sunny Ade, who was significantly older in terms of age and accomplishments, by kneeling down in the traditional Yoruba manner.
However, the singer was seen shaking hands with the music veteran in the now-viral footage, which infuriated Nigerians, who felt it was disrespectful.
But in a post released on her official X account on Saturday morning, Ayra Starr clarified that she is not a disrespectful girl as a proper Yoruba girl.
The singer said that she went back to properly meet everyone after letting her nerves get the better of her when she first met the legendary KSA. 
She wrote: “I’m so sorry, I had just walked in and all the lights and nerves didn’t let me see but I came back around to greet everyone properly, I have never been that girl to be disrespectful. 
” I’m a proper Yoruba girl and the video didn’t start until after I’d greeted Burna’s mom! I’m very sorry to the legend, uncle and King Sunny Ade”.

KSA is not your uncle, Nigerians reacts to Ayra Starr’s apology to legendary singer
by Yewande Fasan
Nigerians have called out singer Ayra Starr after she apologised to legendary musician, King Sunny Ade over a public greeting mishap. 
Ayra, who casually greeted the 77-year-old music icon with an handshake while standing at a public event, apologised for her mistake, calling the icon ‘Uncle’ in the message.
The Nation reported that Ayra recently faced heavy backlash for disrespecting KSA during the Sunny Ade Afrozons-Heineken Pre-Grammy party in Lagos.
The 21-year-old songstress was captured greeting top personalities in the event but minimally acknowledged the legendary 77-year-old singer. 
Online users swiftly swung into action has they rubbished the ‘Bloody Samaritan’ sensation, prompting her to issue an apology for her actions.
“I’m so sorry, I had just walked in and all the lights and nerves didn’t let me see but i came back around to greet everyone properly, I have never been that girl to be disrespectful, I’m a proper Yoruba girlllll and the video didn’t start until after I’d greeted burna’s mom! I’m very sorry to the legend, uncle and King Sunny Ade,” she wrote.
Her apology, however, evoked mixed reactions as many criticised her for addressing the musician as her uncle.
Ade wrote: “Point of Correction Sabi girl, KSA is not your “Uncle” He is old enough to be addressed as a “Daddy”
Good gesture you apologized btw, Kudos.”
Emem said: “To put things into perspective, you were born 20 years after King Sunny Ade got his first Grammy nomination in 1983. He is not your “uncle” but your grandfather.”
Callme Wealth argued: “Remove that uncle and edited it to daddy or leave it at KSA.”
Crownprince wrote: “It is disrespect when you called King Sunny Ade an Uncle ok. He is able to father your mother. Be Wise.”

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.