ANAMBRA GOVT WARNS AGAINST PURCHASE OF ENCROACHED LAND AT TRANS-NKISSI. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 Anambra Govt Warns Against Purchase of Encroached Land at Trans-Nkissi By MaryAnn Chukwuma The Anambra State Ministry of Lands has warned members of the public against purchasing plots at TransNkissi Phase 1, behind the Federal Government Girls College, Onitsha, from persons claiming ownership on behalf of the Umuosodi family of Onitsha. The warning was contained in a public notice dated Sept. 28, 2026, with Ref. No. PS/ML/2026/CR/VOL.II/028 and signed by the Permanent Secretary, Mrs Nkeiru Mokwe, for the Commissioner. According to the notice, the Ministry became aware that persons alleged to be members of the Umuosodi family had invaded and commenced clearing portions of the land with the intention of selling them to unsuspecting members of the public. It said compensatory plots had been allocated to the family and other families in Onitsha before the current administration. The Ministry added that the affected land had been lawfully allocated to various individuals and groups in...

DESPERATE NIGERIAN SEEKING ASYLUM BEGGED TO BE DECLARED WANTED- POLICE. (PHOTO).


Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police

The Lagos State Police Command has narrated a shocking account of how a Nigerian seeking asylum abroad asked the police to declare him wanted. 

The International Organisation for Migration (IOM) had in December 2023 said no fewer than 260,000 Nigerians approached the IOM for assistance to leave the country in 2023.

Analysts said that the current rise in migration is not unrelated with the living cost crisis Nigeria is going through.

But in an X post, the Spokesperson of the Lagos State Police Command, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, said he was stupefied when a Nigeria asked that the police declare him wanted so that he could apply for asylum.

APPLY: Army Direct Short Service Recruitment 2024
Meet ex-inmates who turned a new leaf
“‘Please, declare me wanted!’ I was stupefied. I blinked and looked at him again. ‘What did you say,’ I asked.

“Please, I want you to declare me wanted,’ he repeated.

“Why do you want to be declared wanted,’ I inquired, amused.

“Actually, I am applying for asylum at xyz Embassy. During the interview, I told them that I am being persecuted to the point of being declared wanted by the Police.

“They now asked for evidence of the ‘wanted’ declaration. I can easily do the artwork but I know they will come and verify. That is why I want it from the source,” Hundeyin wrote.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.