THERE WAS NO EVIDENCE THAT HE SLEPT WITH THE GIRL "- YOMI FABIYI GIVES UPDATE ON BABA IJESHA'S CASE. (PHOTO).

Image
 There was no evidence that he slept with the girl” – Yomi Fabiyi gives update on Baba Ijesha’s case Nollywood actor Yomi Fabiyi has given an update on embattled Yoruba actor Baba Ijesha’s case. Refreshing your memory, Baba Ijesha was arrested and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for raping a minor, who is the adopted daughter of comedian Princess. Giving an update on the case in a recent interview, he said Baba Ijesha’s appeal process is still ongoing in court. He claimed that there was no evidence that he slept with the hole; hence, the judge didn’t sentence him to life imprisonment. Yomi stated that Princess called Baba Ijesha to shoot a skit, and the girl also made a similar statement in court. Yomi stated that the man who slept with the girl was walking freely, and her age wasn’t 14, as many claimed. “Baba Ijesha’s appeal process is still ongoing in court. There was no evidence that he slept with the girl; that was why the judge didn’t sentence him to life imprisonment. He was ca

MY BROTHER’S DISAPPERANCE AFTER SUNDAY SERVICE SHOCKING- SIBLING. (PHOTO).


My brother’s disapperance after Sunday service shocking – Sibling

A Lagos-based graphic designer and digital marketer, Kingsley Ukanwoke, speaks to ABDULLATEEF FOWEWE about his missing brother and the steps he has taken to locate him

What is your relationship with the missing man?

I’m Kingsley Ukanwoke, I hail from Umuahia South in Abia State, but I am based in Lagos State. I am a graphic designer /digital marketer for a financial company in Lekki, Lagos. I am the immediate elder brother of the missing individual, Edward Ukanwoke, 27 years old.

When was the last time you saw or communicated with your missing brother?

That was on December 21, 2023, in church during our Christmas Carol service at the Redeemed Christian Church of God, City of Favour Parish, Agboju, Lagos.

Can you provide details about the circumstances surrounding your brother’s disappearance?

Before relocating to Lagos to stay with me, he had been undergoing treatment for a mental health issue that arose in 2021. By June 2023, showing significant improvement in his recovery, I urged my mother to bring him to Lagos. The intention was for him to stay with me and continue with his medication, and thereby relieving my mother of the strain that had taken a toll on her health and work. All went well until that catastrophe day. Up until then, our routine included attending church together, along with my friend who also resides with me. Coincidentally, our church was situated on the same street as our house. He would typically leave us in church and return home after the services. On that particular day, there was no reason to anticipate any deviation from our usual routine. However, upon arriving home around 9:30 pm and reaching out to him for dinner, we were met with an empty room and a plugged-in cell phone. We were so concerned, we initiated a search that night, but our efforts proved futile. After 24 hours passed with no sign of him or any lead, we reported the situation to the nearest police station. Regrettably, to this date, there has been no information regarding his whereabouts.

What was the church’s reaction to the incident?

We conducted a prayer section for him and they joined me in going around the neighbourhood to create awareness.

Were there any recent changes in his behaviour or personal life before he went missing?

Not really. Although we have experienced his anger issues twice. One was when he didn’t want to go to church on Mothering Sunday, and the other day when he didn’t eat on time, and it was unusual of him.

What was the reaction of the Police?

Yes. I have reached out to the Police. I wrote a statement at the Satellite Police Station here in our area and I also paid a sum of N10,000 for them to do a radio broadcast to all the police stations in Lagos, but all to no avail.

I had to go to the police control room in Ikeja myself and report the case; it was radioed before me to all area police stations in Lagos, and the following day, I got a call from the Satellite Police the Divisional Police Officer, asking me to check with the Festac police division, saying they had an unidentified person. I went there but the person they showed me had already killed himself right there and he was not my brother. However, I was able to get the contact of a Deputy Commissioner of Police and also a retired Area Inspector General of police who advised me to see the Lagos state police Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin; I followed the advice and reached out to him and explained everything to him and sought his advice on the way forward. I even had to go back to the control room to radio the case again and I have even visited other police stations within my axis, all to no avail.

Are there any known reasons or factors that might explain his disappearance?

Not at all. He doesn’t have any friends around here in Lagos and his old friends do not know his whereabouts since 2021; So I can’t say there is a specific factor for his disappearance.

Were there any disagreements or conflicts within his personal or professional life before he went missing?

I don’t think he has any disagreement with his personal life because he doesn’t really have any responsibility. However, he is not working as we are more focused on his recovery, and we didn’t have any issues before that event. Also he is an easy-going person.

Have you checked him with his close friends and family?

He didn’t have any friends in Lagos, and it has been a while since he connected with most of his old friends due to his health challenges. Nevertheless, everybody is aware and we have not got any positive information yet.

Did you suspect anyone including your neighbour and your church members?

Not at all, I didn’t suspect anyone, because everyone liked him, and they were on good terms with him. However, everyone was aware and were all in shock by the whole matter.


Have you noticed any unusual financial transactions or changes in his financial behaviour?

Not at all. He has no financial records since 2021. So, there has been nothing like financial transactions in his life since then talk less of unusual ones, I am the one who has been sponsoring him since his health challenge has occurred.

Can you share insights into his educational background and experiences?

He attended Abia State University, from 2014 to 2018, and graduated with a second-class degree in Physics. Subsequently, he observed his National Youth Service in Rivers State the following year. After that, he moved to Owerri to seek greener pastures which was where he developed a mental health issue and he had to come back home to Umuahia to get treated.

How would you describe his relationship with family and friends?

He has a cordial with family and friends. However, during his mental challenge, we had to isolate him from the community due to the discrimination and too much questioning from the insensitive people in our community.

How has his disappearance affected you and your family emotionally?

Literally, it has affected my mummy greatly as she has literally done everything prior to this moment to save his life only for her to be met with such bad news.

My dad as well is still in shock and has exhausted all the options and contacts he has to see to his discovery. Meanwhile, other siblings are still processing the issue as this is the first of its kind in our family history.

Upon that, I do have my lovely night where I cry my eyes out and ask God a series of questions; On Wednesday while I was redesigning the poster and adding the N200,000 reward for anyone who can locate him for us, I couldn’t help and that was my first public tears which I tried everything possibly to be a man and chest it all. It has also made me lose interest in a lot of things and currently, my work is being affected as I have backlogs I am yet to attend to.

How are you coping with the situation?

It has not been easy. Sometimes I feel like I am going through a lot, sometimes I just get lost in my thoughts, and sometimes I am filled with regrets as to why I allowed him to come to Lagos in the first place.

How can you describe your brother?

He is an easygoing individual, calm and collected, shy around new people and women, a lover boy, but temperamental.

In which way do you think the government can eradicate the lack of peace in Nigeria?

However, the government can eradicate insecurity in Nigeria by strengthening our security system and creating a society where different ethnic groups can strive together with a shared interest that accommodates both the rich and the poor.

In what way do you think Nigerians can help you in locating your brother?

By circulating the information about his disappearance both online and offline and help us be on the lookout. Also, my family would appreciate it, if the Nigeria Police Force could take action in conducting a search party within their localities and check if he was mistakenly apprehended by their men in the custody. Nevertheless, I believe we will locate him in good health by the special grace of God.

Can you tell us the things you miss about your brother?

His recovery journey as he has been through a lot. And also he is very ambitious about making it in life and helping his family. However, I miss how he lights up the room whenever he is in a good mood and how his laugh can make everyone laugh hard. Also, I appreciate and miss how he has embraced God as one of his tools for full recovery.

Furthermore, I couldn’t sleep the night I discovered that my brother was missing, and couldn’t think straight; I was traumatised as I was confused about what to do, my friend had to calm me down and I couldn’t tell my mummy because it would make matters worse. However, we later informed mummy after three days of not getting any positive information about him.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ACTOR BABA IJESHA APPEALS FIVE-YEAR JAIL SENTENCE FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT. (PHOTO).

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

PUNISH MY ABUSERS WITHIN 48 HOURS OR FACE LAWSUIT- STUDENT BULLIED BY HER CLASSMATES THREATEN SCHOOL AUTHORITIES. (PHOTO).