PRESIDENT TINUBU MOURNS NAF PERSONNEL IN ONDO JET CRASH, ORDERS THOROUGH INVESTIGATION OF THE MISHAP. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 STATEHOUSE PRESS STATEMENT PRESIDENT TINUBU MOURNS NAF PERSONNEL IN ONDO JET CRASH, ORDERS THOROUGH INVESTIGATION OF THE MISHAP   President Bola Tinubu has expressed profound sadness over the crash on Monday morning of a Nigerian Air Force ATR-42 jet near a naval base in the Igbokoda area of Ondo State.   The aircraft was on a routine mission from Benin to Lagos when the accident occurred.   The President extends his deepest condolences to the family of the 25 passengers and seven crew members involved, the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sunday Kelvin Aneke, and all officers, airmen and airwomen of the Nigerian Air Force.   "This is a painful moment for our Armed Forces and for the entire nation. Our Air Force personnel put their lives on the line every day to secure Nigeria. Their sacrifice will never be forgotten."   “The Chief of Air Staff has briefed me, and I have directed the Nigerian Air Force to immediately commence a thorough investigation in...

RANSOM WAS PAID. POLICE DID NOT RESCUE ME FROM KIDNAPPERS- IMO MONARCH SPEAKA AFTER HIS RELEASE. (PHOTO).



Samuel Ohiri, former chairman of the council of traditional rulers in Imo state, says the police did not rescue him from his abductors. 


Recall that the monarch was kidnapped from his residence in Orodo Mbaitoli LGA, Imo State, on Jan. 6 and was released after 13 days in captivity. 


The Imo police command said it secured Ohiri’s freedom in collaboration with other security agencies. 


Speaking with journalists on Friday, Jan. 26, the monarch said he was released after ransom was paid. 


He said: "Contrary to what the police said about my release, there is no hiding the fact that the state police never played any role. 


"I actually do not want to speak on this but I am doing it just to set the records straight. 


"I am not disputing the fact that the police may have made efforts towards my release but I am talking what I know. 


"It was my relationship with God and the help from my family people that made it possible. Although, that was after we paid ransom.” 


Recalling how he was kidnapped, Ohiri said: "I came back home to celebrate Christmas and New Year with my people in Obi-Orodo. Then on the 6th of January, I decided to visit one of my old boys and senior students of Emmanuel College Secondary School in those days.  


"But when I was coming back after visiting my friend around 8:30 pm, I met able-bodied men in front of my palace gate who came in their vehicle. 


"They double-crossed me and forced me into their vehicle. My cousin’s brother smartly introduced himself as my driver and they set him free. They now blindfolded me and zoomed off to an unknown destination. 


"I was first kept in an uncompleted building before I was transferred to another location. Within the twelve days I spent in their den, I saw hell. 


"It looked so much as if they had some scores to settle with the traditional rulers and politicians, but luckily for me, their leader came out and ordered them not to torture me, that I am a decent man. 


"Negotiations began between my people and the kidnappers which eventually resulted in setting me free after we paid the first and second ransom. 


“They later took me and another victim to Eziama Obiato


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.