AGULERI–UMUOBA ANAM CRISIS: BISHOP EKWE URGES CALM, DIALOGUE, PEACEFUL RESOLUTION. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE

Image
 Aguleri–Umuoba Anam Crisis: Bishop Ekwe Urges Calm, Dialogue, Peaceful Resolution ‎ ‎By Nneka Ejeckam ‎ ‎The Bishop of the Diocese of Niger West, Anglican Communion, The Rt. Rev. Johnson N. Ekwe, has on October 2, called for calm and peaceful resolution following the reported crisis arising from a boundary dispute between Amaeze Aguleri and Umuoba Anam communities. ‎ ‎In a statement, Bishop Ekwe expressed sadness over the reported developments, including alleged casualties and destruction of property. He commiserated with affected families, prayed for the speedy recovery of the injured and offered prayers for those who suffered losses. ‎ ‎The Bishop appealed to residents of both communities to remain calm, exercise restraint and avoid any further acts of violence or reprisal. He called for an immediate cessation of hostilities, stressing that dialogue remained the most viable path to lasting peace. ‎ ‎He noted that Amaeze Aguleri and Umuoba Anam are bound not only by proximity but...

I WAS CALLED 'RUNS GIRL' FOR WEARING REVEALING OUTFITS- ASHMUSY. (PHOTO).


 I was called ‘runs girl’ for wearing revealing outfits - Ashmusy

Popular Instagram skit maker and social influencer, Amarachi Amusi popularly known as Ashmusy has revealed why she stopped wearing revealing outfits.

The content creator while speaking on Spill with Phyna podcast, said adjusted her mode of dress to fight being seen as a prostitute.

Quoting the phrase ‘You’re addressed the way you dress’, Ashmusy said she had to rebrand herself and stop wearing costumes that revealed her body after being mistaken for a ‘runs girl’.

She said displaying her body in her videos caused people to perceive her as a sort of ‘runs girl’.

According to her: “Before I rebranded a few months ago, I used to wear sexy outfits. As a young girl, one would want to show one’s body. I did not know that I was being perceived as a prostitute.

“Meanwhile, I knew how much I was working behind the camera, running a business, and shooting adverts every day. With all of that, I was able to buy a car and house. It pained me when people insinuated that those things were bought for me by a man.”

Ashmusy said she looked inwards in an attempt to figure out why people regarded her as such, and after watching her videos, she realised it was due to her revealing clothing.

She stated that she felt she was being fun and goofy for her audience, unaware that their minds were elsewhere.

Her words are: “I was later in my quiet zone, thinking about why I was being judged that way, despite all my works that they people were seeing. I then started watching my videos, seeing that most times my body was exposed, with my nipples even showing.

“I was being goofy, but I did not know that people had been looking at something else. I have realised that if one wants to be seen as a prestigious woman, one has to dress accordingly. One cannot be showing (sensitive) parts of one’s body.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.