LASCOPA INTRODUCES TOLL-FREE LINE FOR CONSUMERS, URGES RESIDENTS TO REPORT FAKE, EXPIRED PRODUCTS, POOR SERVICES . (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 LASCOPA INTRODUCES TOLL-FREE LINE FOR CONSUMERS, URGES RESIDENTS TO REPORT FAKE, EXPIRED PRODUCTS, POOR SERVICES  The Lagos State Government has urged residents to "tell it to LASCOPA" by promptly reporting fake, expired, adulterated and counterfeit products, misleading advertisements, poor services and other consumer-related violations through the Lagos State Consumer Protection Agency's toll-free consumer helpline, 080 0005 2726, or by email at lasgcopa@gmail.com or the Agency's Social media handles - Facebook: lascopa, Instagram: lasgcopa, X (Twitter): lasgcopa  The General Manager/Chief Executive Officer of LASCOPA, Afolabi Solebo, Esq., stated that the toll-free line provides consumers with a direct, accessible channel to report violations, seek guidance and get timely action. He urged residents not to remain silent and to report formally to LASCOPA rather than relying only on social media. Solebo stressed that while social media raises awareness, complaints mus...

NIGERIA CHARGED ME $170 FOR BIOMETRICS THIRD TIME THIS YEAR FOR ONE-MONTH VISA- CNN CORRESPONDENT, LARRY MADOWO LAMENTS. (VIDEO/PHOTOS).


 “Nigeria just charged me $215 for a 1-month, single entry visa. Again. I was here 3 weeks ago - paid the same $215. This is actually my 3rd time in Nigeria this year, so they have made $645 from me in 2024 alone.


The visa itself costs $25 but Nigeria charges a $20 "processing fee" and $170 for biometrics every time. My fingerprints haven't changed since I was here 3 weeks ago, why am I paying $170 to have them taken and to pose for a picture each time I visit? Isn't that a standard part of admitting someone into a country?


How can we achieve about a borderless Africa, or the promise of the AfCFTA, if we charge Africans $215 for a single-entry visa? 


In the 3 weeks since I was last in Lagos, I went to Uganda, South Africa and Ghana where I don't need a visa with a Kenyan passport. In fact, I've also been to South Africa 3 times this year. It cost me $0, like the ancestors intended. 


Nigeria's visa-on-arrival system is similar to the "visa-free" delusion of Kenya's Electronic Travel Authorization - you apply in advance, submit some documents and wait for it to be approved. It can take up to 5 business days. If you know "someone," you can pay them $50 or more to "facilitate" a faster approval.


I love Nigeria, but the visa situation is showing me shege. It's too much oo! Why this Shege Pro Max?” 


- Larry Madowo CNN International Correspondent. 

Watch video and one photo below. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.