LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM. (PHOTOS). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM The Lagos State Government has presented the Staff of Office and Instrument of Appointment to Prince Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, as His Royal Majesty, Alaiyeluwa Oba Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, the Onise of Ise Kingdom in Lekki Local Government Area. The presentation was performed on Friday, August 21, 2026, by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Rural Development, Dr. Nurudeen Yekinni Agbaje, alongside the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Local Government, Chieftaincy Affairs and Rural Development, Mrs. Kikelomo Bolarinwa, with the approval of the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu and the Lagos State Executive Council, following the demise of the late Oba Ganiu Adebowale Adegbesan, Onise of Ise Kingdom. Speaking at the occasion, Dr. Agbaje urged the new Monarch to make peace, unity and inclusive development the pillars of his reign, stressing the important role traditional institutions play in promoting har...

EBONYI: TEARS,AGONY AS YOUTHS RENDER FAMILY HOMELESS OVER ALLEGATIONS OF WITCHCRAFT.(PHOTO).


 Ebonyi: Tears, agony as youths render family homeless over allegations of witchcraft


Every June 12 will remain an indelible date in the minds of the family members of Mr John Ekpono of Agharoza, Iboko, in Izzi Local Government Area of Ebonyi State.

Little did they know that this fateful day would bring a bleak future to the entire family.

It was a scene of tears and agony as their houses and farmlands were destroyed by some youths in the area following a revelation by a certain man of God that accused them of being evil.

Trouble erupted when a cleric made a revelation that Mr John Ekpono and others were responsible for the backwardness and other calamities befalling the community.

Convinced by the revelation, some youths in the area went on a rampage, burning down Ekpono’s houses, farmlands, and other valuables, accusing him of being evil.

Speaking with DAILY POST on Thursday, the victim’s son, Mr Chijioke Ekpono, who narrated their ordeal, stated that the masterminds have concluded plans to attack his family members.

He explained that the villagers organized a crusade in the village, and the Chairman of Izzi Local Government Area sent security operatives to disrupt the program because no official permission was taken from the local government by the organizers.

Continuing, Chijioke further disclosed that he challenged the organizers of the crusade because his father’s name was mentioned as one of those responsible for evil practices in the community, which led to the burning of their family properties.

“They have concluded that we were the ones who sent security agencies and accused us of being against the pastor’s coming to call out names of evildoers.

“Agharoza village members rallied, conspired, and destroyed everything that my father labored for in life. They burnt down our houses, destroyed our farmlands, and many other things too numerous to mention. May God come to our rescue,” he said.

Reacting through a telephone conversation on Friday evening with newsmen, Chairman of Izzi Local Government Area, Barrister Stephen Emenike Nwakpu, confirmed the incident, describing it as uncalled for and barbaric.

Nwakpu stated that so far, no fewer than 30 persons behind the arson have been arrested, arraigned, and remanded in Abakaliki custodial center, while others are still at large.

Regarding the resettlement of the victims, the local government chairman said efforts are being made to ensure proper conditions for the victims.

When contacted on Friday, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of the Ebonyi State Command, DSP Joshua Ukandu, confirmed the incident to newsmen

He stated that an investigation into the matter has begun to arrest those still at large.

Meanwhile, the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) in Ebonyi State has waded into the gross human rights abuse.

Reacting to the development in an interview with newsmen on Friday, the state coordinator of NHRC, Mr. Christopher Okorie, expressed concern that people could be so barbaric because of superstition.

Okorie frowned upon the practice of people relying on unfounded revelations and superstitions to witch-hunt innocent civilians in society.

He said that the commission was committed to ensuring that justice was done in the matter to serve as a deterrent to others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.