NAF INTENSIFIES AIRPOWER CAMPAIGN, STRENGTHENS AIR PRESENCE IN SOKOTO TO DENY TERRORISTS FREEDOM OF ACTION. (PHOTOS). #PRESS RELEASE

Image
 NAF INTENSIFIES AIRPOWER CAMPAIGN, STRENGTHENS AIR PRESENCE IN SOKOTO TO DENY TERRORISTS FREEDOM OF ACTION The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has intensified its airpower campaign against terrorism, banditry, kidnapping and other criminal activities across the North-West, with a strengthened air presence in Sokoto State to support ongoing joint security operations. The initiative reflects the Service’s determination to sustain pressure on hostile elements, enhance aerial surveillance and maintain the capacity for rapid response to emerging threats, while providing effective air support to ground forces operating within the Joint Operations Area. The strengthened air presence is particularly significant in the fight against asymmetric threats, where terrorists and bandits exploit difficult terrain, mobility and concealment to evade ground forces. By leveraging the reach, speed, flexibility and precision of airpower, the NAF is better positioned to support efforts to locate, disrupt and d...

FG RESUMES TRIAL OF 300 TERRORISM SUSPECTS.(PHOTO).


 FG resumes trial of 300 terrorism suspects


The federal government has resumed trial of persons 300 persons allegedly involved in terrorism and other heinous crimes against the state.

Five reputable judges are expected to man the five courts, while chambers have been set up for speedy administration of justice on the ongoing trial.

Head of Strategic Communications, National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC), Office of the National security Adviser (ONSA), Abu Michael, announced this in a statement on Wednesday, July 24.

He said the trial was part of the federal government’s commitment to promoting social justice by entrenching transparent administrative system.

Michael said the ongoing trial was also in line with the International Criminal Justice system, which was being administered by the Federal High Court of Nigeria with the Complex Casework Group (CCG) of the Office of the Antorney General of the Federation in collaboration with other critical stakeholders.

He said: “The trial involves multiple stakeholders, CCG prosecutors, and defense counsel from the Legal Aid Council of Nigeria (LACON).

“Before now, over 800 case files have been reviewed, and charges are drafted for efficient prosecution in order to ensure that justice is appropriately served.

“Between 2017 and 2018, the trials so far resulted in 163 convictions, 882 discharges and five accquitals. 

“Suspects that are unculpable are being deradicalised, engaged in profitable ventures, and efforts to reintegrate them are being sustained.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.