GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

GWOZA BOMBINGS: IGP CONDEMNS BOMBING, DEPLOYS ADDITIONAL EOD OFFICERS, TECHNICAL GADGETS TO SWEEP AREA, PREVENT REPEATED ATTACKS. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE


 PRESS RELEASE

GWOZA BOMBINGS: IGP CONDEMNS BOMBING, DEPLOYS ADDITIONAL EOD OFFICERS, TECHNICAL GADGETS TO SWEEP AREA, PREVENT REPEATED ATTACKS



The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Kayode Adeolu Egbetokun, Ph.D., NPM, has strongly condemned the recent suicide bombings in Gwoza, Borno State, a series of tragic incidents which have claimed innocent lives and caused injury to many. The IGP also extends heartfelt condolences to the government and good people of Borno State, particularly the families and loved ones of those affected. 


In swift response to these atrocities, the IGP has deployed additional personnel and resources to Borno State to bolster security, prevent further attacks, and reassure residents of our obligation to their total safety and security. The NPF Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) unit in collaboration with the Nigerian Army EOD Unit, is actively engaging in clearance operations to ensure that no further threats infiltrate any part of Borno State or its neighbouring States.


The IGP reiterates the zeal of the Nigeria Police Force to continue to work with the military and other security agencies, as well as stakeholders to bring down all forms of criminal and violent attacks in the country. He also calls on Nigerians to remain vigilant and promptly report any suspicious activities to the Police. 


In addition, the Inspector-General of Police has ordered the Deputy Inspector-General of Police in charge of the Force Intelligence Department to scale up the intelligence gathering across the country for more effective anti-crime operations.


ACP OLUMUYIWA ADEJOBI, mnipr, mipra, fCAI,

FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER

FOR: INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE


1st July, 2024

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).