GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

ISRAELI MILITARY KILLS HAMAS LEADEE IN JENIN AMID ESCALATING WEST BANK OPERATIONS. (PHOTO).

 


Israeli Military Kills Hamas Leader in Jenin Amid Escalating West Bank Operations



The Israeli military has announced the killing of Wissam Hazem, the head of the Palestinian armed group Hamas in Jenin, along with two other fighters, during an ongoing major operation in the north of the occupied West Bank. According to a military statement, Israeli security forces "encountered and eliminated" Hazem in a vehicle, followed by airstrikes that targeted "two additional terrorists" attempting to flee. The Palestinian health ministry confirmed the deaths, stating that the three men were killed overnight near the town of Zababdeh, southeast of Jenin.


Additionally, Palestinian media reported that Israeli forces had withdrawn from Tulkarm after causing significant damage to buildings and infrastructure in the city's refugee camps. Although the Israeli military has not commented immediately on these reports, it previously stated that five members of armed groups, including a local leader, were killed in Tulkarm. The military also announced a withdrawal from the al-Faraa refugee camp near Tubas after achieving their objectives of dismantling "terrorist infrastructure" and neutralizing armed militants.


The ongoing Israeli operation, one of the largest in the West Bank in two decades, has resulted in the deaths of at least 19 Palestinians, as reported by the Palestinian health ministry. The escalating violence in the West Bank follows Hamas's deadly attack on Israel on October 7 and the subsequent war in Gaza. The situation has prompted international concern, with the UK expressing deep worry over the methods employed by Israel and the potential for civilian casualties and infrastructure damage. UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has also warned that the raids are "fuelling an already explosive situation," underscoring the urgent need for de-escalation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).