I WAS HANDED A QUR’AN BY A MUSLIM PROSELYTIZER TODAY- REV. SIS. NKIRUKAC. OKAFOR. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE

Image
 "I was handed a Qur’an by a Muslim Proselytizer today.  Let me explain: I was at JFK Airport waiting lot because of Tarmac delay of arrival planes. I decided to come out of the vehicle and continue praying Lauds while enjoying the morning sun. I was equally admiring nature and nurture especially the vehicles at the parking lot. I noticed a young man beside a nice Lincoln Escalade pressing his phone. No contact. I kept doing my rounds praying. I added another dimension to the prayer. “Lord, I wish someone will appear from nowhere and ask me which of the vehicles will add value to my apostolate.” I would definitely point at the Escalade. Anyone who runs a hospital in Nigeria knows what a clean Escalade will help you do in one year.  As I approached my vehicle, I noticed the young man following me and calling out to me. Momentarily I thought the Escalade is about to change ownership. He rather stretched his hands to me asking if I may accept his gift of a book. The most int...

SIX FAMILY MEMBERS DIE OF FOOD POISONING IN KOGI.(PHOTO).

 


Six persons said to be family members have d!ed after consuming cassava flour suspected to be contaminated in Adavi Local Government Area of Kogi state. 


It was gathered that eight victims were rushed to three different hospitals, where unfortunately, six of them succumbed to multiple organ failure.


The unfortunate incident occurred in a household in Anyioke, Okunchi Ward last week. 


Meanwhile, the Kogi State Ministry of Health has launched an investigation into the incident. 


A statement issued by the Information officer of the Ministry, Dorothy Onoja, on Tuesday, August 6, said the family members consumed cassava flour that may have been contaminated.


“After consuming the contaminated cassava flour, eight victims were rushed to three different hospitals, where unfortunately, six of them succumbed to multiple organ failure. The two surviving victims received necessary treatment and have since been discharged,” the statement read. 


The statement added that the State Commissioner for Health, Hon. AbdulAzzez Adams Adeiza, personally visited the survivors before they were discharged.


According to Onoja, a specialized team consisting of state and WHO officials, including the Disease Surveillance and Notification Officer (DSNO), WHO officers, and local health officials, has been deployed to investigate the outbreak.


“Samples of the cassava flour have been collected for toxicological analysis in collaboration with the state ministry of agriculture,” the statement added.


“The Kogi state government has taken responsibility for the medical bills of the victims and will release the final report of the toxicology to the public


“The government expresses its gratitude to healthcare workers for their unwavering dedication and efforts in saving the lives of the two surviving victims.


“A thorough case investigation was conducted, which involved engaging with community leaders and neighbors, assessing environmental sanitation conditions, and evaluating the water source


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.