ATIKU APOLOGIZES TO NIGERIAN TEACHERS, CITING 'FAILED LEADERSHIP' AMID ECONOMIC HARDSHIP. (PHOTO).

Image
 Atiku Apologizes to Nigerian Teachers, Citing 'Failed Leadership' Amid Economic Hardship Abuja, Nigeria - Former Vice President and Presidential Candidate of the African Democratic Congress, Atiku Abubakar, has issued a heartfelt apology to Nigerian teachers, attributing their current economic plight to what he described as the 'failed leadership' of the nation. In a statement released on Monday by his spokesperson, Abubakar expressed deep concern over the escalating cost of living, which he stated is severely hindering teachers' ability to provide for their families and effectively carry out their crucial educational duties. Abubakar, a staunch advocate for education, took a moment to laud the immense sacrifices made by Nigerian educators. Reflecting on his own formative years, he shared a personal connection to the teaching profession. "Of course, I appreciate Nigerian teachers. I am a product of their work and the education I received in their classrooms,...

I'VE NEVER ASKED FOR A KOBO TO WRITE PARDON LETTER- FALANA. (PHOTO).I


 I’ve never asked for a Kobo to write pardon letter – Falana


Human rights lawyer and Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Femi Falana, said that he has represented numerous clients in legal battles for decades and emphasised that his practice does not profit from the misfortunes of others.


In an interview with Sahara TV posted via YouTube on Monday, he further provided a detailed account of his longstanding commitment to defending human rights without financial gain.


“As a policy, we do not collect fees to write letters for pardon. It is not part of our system because we do not profit from the tragedy of people,” he stated.


Falana cited multiple instances from his 42-year legal career where he intervened in cases of alleged injustice without charging a fee. Among these, he referenced his role in securing the release of six Nigerians who had been wrongfully detained in the Kirikiri Correctional Centre.


Despite being pardoned by the Thai government in 2017, the individuals remained incarcerated until my intervention led to their release in 2022.


“I did a letter addressed to the then Minister of Interior….on the day he received the letter, he ordered the authorities of the correction centre, Kirikiri correction Centre to release them, only two of them came here to thank me,” he said.


Falana further emphasised that his practice is driven by a commitment to justice and not financial gain.


“In the last 42 years of my legal practice, I have never ever demanded for a kobo to write a letter of pardon for anybody,” he said.


Falana used the forum to addressed allegations of seeking a pardon for Bobrisky in exchange for N10 million. He described the claims as infantile and ridiculous.


He expressed disappointment over the allegations, sharing that they had caused concern within his family. Despite this, Falana reassured them of his integrity and commitment.


“I told my family that, at the end of the day, I will not disappoint you,” he said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.