GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

AUTO-CRASH CLAIMS 13 LIVES, INJURES ONE IN ONDO. (PHOTO).


 Auto-Crash Claims 13 Lives, Injures One In Ondo


At least 13 people lost their lives in a road accident along Ikare-Akoko/Owo Road on Saturday in Ondo State.


The State Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps, Samuel Ibitoye, made this known in a statement on Saturday in Akure, the state capital.


“FRSC regrets to inform the public about a road traffic crash that occurred today 28 December, 2024 at Abule Panu before Ose Bridge, on Owo-Ikare highway, Ondo State.


“The fatal crash which occurred at about 10:14 AM claimed 13 lives of commuters in two buses.


“A total of 14 people were involved, out of which 13 were burnt beyond recognition, while only one was rescued alive with serious injuries.


“Eyewitness account indicates that the bus coming from Ikare axis had a tyre burst which led to loss of control.


“This was resultant in a head-on collision with the bus loaded with fabric coming from Owo axis.


“Immediately after the collision, the two buses went up in flames. The men of FRSC, Police and Fire Service were swiftly at the crash scene for rescue,” the statement read.


According to him, the injured victim was taken to Federal Medical Centre, Owo, while the deceased were deposited at the morgue of the same hospital.


Ibitoye advised drivers to exercise patience on the roads and passionately maintain their vehicles.


He also encouraged passengers to speak out against dangerous driving, stressing that road safety is a concern of all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).