GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

NNPC RESTORES SIGHT TO OVER 1,000 PEOPLE, INCLUDING TWO MINORS BORN BLIND. (PHOTO).


 NNPC Restores Sight to Over 1,000 People, Including Two Minors Born Blind


The Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC Ltd.), through its NNPC Foundation Ltd/Gte, has restored sight to over 1,000 individuals in the South-West, including two minors born blind.


As part of its Corporate Social Responsibility, the Foundation launched a free cataract screening and extraction campaign to combat preventable blindness. A medical team led by Professor Grace Feyisayo Adepoju successfully performed surgeries on 9-year-old Mohammed Lukman and 6-year-old Adeleye Maria, both born with congenital cataracts.


The initiative benefited 800 patients in Ogun State and 200 in Lagos State. Managing Director of NNPC Foundation, Mrs. Emmanuella Arukwe, reaffirmed the company’s commitment to bridging healthcare gaps and improving access to medical care nationwide.


The Foundation plans to extend the programme to the remaining five geopolitical zones, aiming to restore over 6,000 individuals' sight by the first quarter of 2025. Among the beneficiaries is five-year-old Iremide Kasali, whose family had struggled financially to afford treatment before receiving aid through the initiative.


NNPC has pledged continued support for the minors post-surgery to ensure full recovery and reintegration into normal life. With over 1,000 successful surgeries in the South-West, the programme is restoring vision and renewing hope for many families across Nigeria.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).