LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM. (PHOTOS). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM The Lagos State Government has presented the Staff of Office and Instrument of Appointment to Prince Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, as His Royal Majesty, Alaiyeluwa Oba Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, the Onise of Ise Kingdom in Lekki Local Government Area. The presentation was performed on Friday, August 21, 2026, by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Rural Development, Dr. Nurudeen Yekinni Agbaje, alongside the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Local Government, Chieftaincy Affairs and Rural Development, Mrs. Kikelomo Bolarinwa, with the approval of the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu and the Lagos State Executive Council, following the demise of the late Oba Ganiu Adebowale Adegbesan, Onise of Ise Kingdom. Speaking at the occasion, Dr. Agbaje urged the new Monarch to make peace, unity and inclusive development the pillars of his reign, stressing the important role traditional institutions play in promoting har...

QUATTARA WANTS 'TO CONTINUE' AS COTE D'IVOIRE'S PRESIDENT. (PHOTO).


 Ouattara wants 'to continue' as Côte d'Ivoire's President

Côte d'Ivoire President Alassane Ouattara said on Thursday he would like to continue serving his country as president but emphasised that his party had not yet made a formal decision on its candidate for this year's election, TRT Afrika reported.


Ouattara, 83, was re-elected for a third term in 2020 following a 2016 constitutional referendum allowing him to extend his rule.


During the last election, Ouattara had argued that the approval of the new constitution allowed him to restart his mandate.


He has previously said he would like to step down, but also suggested he would need old rivals to commit to withdrawing from politics too.


"I am in good health and eager to continue serving my country," he said in an address to the diplomatic corps in Abidjan, the strongest signal yet that he plans to stand again.


Gbagbos comeback


Former First Lady Simone Gbagbo, the ex-wife of former Côte d'Ivoire's President Laurent Gbagbo, announced last month that she would run for president in 2025.


Former President Gbagbo, Ouattara's long-time rival, has also accepted his party's offer to run for the top job again despite being disqualified by a 20-year jail sentence, his party announced in March 2024.


Gbagbo was the first former head of state to go on trial before the International Criminal Court in The Hague where he was acquitted in 2019.


In September, the incumbent ruling party expressed its support for a potential Ouattara candidacy in the October 2025 election, but the official nomination and acceptance have yet to take place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.