ATIKU APOLOGIZES TO NIGERIAN TEACHERS, CITING 'FAILED LEADERSHIP' AMID ECONOMIC HARDSHIP. (PHOTO).

Image
 Atiku Apologizes to Nigerian Teachers, Citing 'Failed Leadership' Amid Economic Hardship Abuja, Nigeria - Former Vice President and Presidential Candidate of the African Democratic Congress, Atiku Abubakar, has issued a heartfelt apology to Nigerian teachers, attributing their current economic plight to what he described as the 'failed leadership' of the nation. In a statement released on Monday by his spokesperson, Abubakar expressed deep concern over the escalating cost of living, which he stated is severely hindering teachers' ability to provide for their families and effectively carry out their crucial educational duties. Abubakar, a staunch advocate for education, took a moment to laud the immense sacrifices made by Nigerian educators. Reflecting on his own formative years, he shared a personal connection to the teaching profession. "Of course, I appreciate Nigerian teachers. I am a product of their work and the education I received in their classrooms,...

ADELEKE DROPS BOMBSHELL: 'THEY LOOTED THE GOVT HOUSE BEFORE LEAVING'. (PHOTO).


 Adeleke drops bombshell: ‘They looted the Government House before leaving'

Bm

Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, has accused his predecessor, Adegboyega Oyetola, and his allies of brazenly looting the Osun Government House before leaving office.

Adeleke, who spoke in an interview with Channels TV, revealed that the extensive vandalisation forced him to delay moving into the official residence for an entire year.

“The Government House was looted. They were so upset that I defeated them, so they looted the whole place,” Adeleke alleged.

“When we came in, we did a video and showed the whole world. This is democracy. If Osun people decide they don’t want you after your tenure, you bow out and appreciate the opportunity they gave you. But instead, they stripped the place bare.”

The governor, reflecting on his journey since assuming office, noted that many had doubted his leadership abilities, dismissing him as the ‘dancing senator.’

However, he said he had ignored the scepticism and focused on delivering results.

“People thought I would just be partying and dancing in Government House, but I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I had my blueprint ready, and immediately I was sworn in, I got to work,” he stated.

Adeleke further disclosed that he chose not to pursue legal action to recover the allegedly stolen items, as he believed it would be a waste of time.

Instead, he concentrated on governance and tackling the financial mess he inherited.

“I didn’t even bother probing anyone. The debts we inherited were insane. Osun, with our little resources, owed close to N60 billion, apart from other hidden liabilities we later discovered. I showed it to everyone, including the Obas,” he said.

The governor emphasised that rather than dwelling on the past, he focused on fixing the state’s infrastructure and revamping abandoned projects.

“I am not a governor who sits in an air-conditioned office. I put on my sneakers and cap, move around to inspect projects, so contractors know I mean business,” he declared.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.