GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

ANAMBRA GOVT SUSPENDS 2 HEALTHCARE WORKERS SABOTAGING GOV. SOLUDO'S EFFORT IN HEALTH. (PHOTOS). #PRESS RELEASE.


 Anambra Govt suspends 2 healthcare workers Sabotaging Gov. Soludo’s Effort in Health


By Chukwudi Nwauba/Nnedinma Okeke/Azuka Nnabuife 


The Anambra State Government has suspended two healthcare workers sabotaging Governor Chukwuma Soludo’s effort in health across the state. 


Mrs. Njideka Ezeihejiofor, was suspended for negligence and refusal to attend to a pregnant woman who delivered a stillborn baby outside the health facility on Feb 11, while Mrs. Blessing Offor, health worker at Uke Primary Healthcare Centre in Idemili North, was found to have been consistently absent from duty. 


The panel suspended her salary indefinitely and she was directed to refund eight months of wages previously paid during her absence to the state government.


It is worthy to note that Governor Soludo had on September 2023 declared free antenatal, delivery and free Caesarean section for all pregnant women in the state.  


The suspension of Ezeihejiofor was approved on Friday by the disciplinary panel chaired by the Anambra State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Afam Obidike, after investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident.


Appearing before the panel, Ezeihejiofor who is the Officer-in-Charge at Ukpo Primary Healthcare Centre Dunukofia LGA, said she turned back the pregnant patient when she came in to the facility at 11a.m, due to fatigue.


``When the patient came in, she said she was about six-months pregnant and that she could no longer feel her baby kicking. I told her to go to a higher health facility to get the best care.


``Few minutes later, some persons ran to the health Centre and said the pregnant woman just had a baby two poles away and I should come and attend to her. I refused because I was afraid,’’ she said.


Meanwhile, Obidike said the panel found that Ezeihejiofor, refused to examine the pregnant woman or provide a referral letter when she visited the Centre.


``When she was called to assist and separate the placenta after the woman delivered the stillborn just two poles away from the facility, Ezeihejiofor reportedly declined out of fear,’’ he said.


The Commissioner condemned her actions, noting that a retained placenta could have caused the woman to bleed to death.


``A retained placenta can cause life-threatening bleeding and even death. That patient would have bled to death if not for the prompt intervention of another health worker within the area.


``The panel, however, resolved that Ezeihejiofor be immediately demoted and suspended without pay while the other staff in the Centre be queried,’’ he said.


The Commissioner reassured the public of the state’s commitment to high-quality healthcare service delivery, warning that such unprofessional behavior undermines Gov. Soludo's investment and health policies. 


He urged health workers unwilling to fulfill their duties to resign quietly or face disciplinary measures.


He also urged residents to report incidents of negligence via designated contact numbers displayed at healthcare facilities.


Members of the panel include, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, Dr. Obiageli Uchebo, Executive Secretary Primary Healthcare Development Agency, Pharm. Chisom Uchem, Dunkofia Health Director, Dr. Chukwudi Njerita, Mr. Chris Azor, Anambra Civil Society Network, and Local Government Civil Service Commission.


*Nwauba, Okeke and Nnabuife are of the Ministry of Information, Anambra State*

More photos below. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).