ATIKU APOLOGIZES TO NIGERIAN TEACHERS, CITING 'FAILED LEADERSHIP' AMID ECONOMIC HARDSHIP. (PHOTO).

Image
 Atiku Apologizes to Nigerian Teachers, Citing 'Failed Leadership' Amid Economic Hardship Abuja, Nigeria - Former Vice President and Presidential Candidate of the African Democratic Congress, Atiku Abubakar, has issued a heartfelt apology to Nigerian teachers, attributing their current economic plight to what he described as the 'failed leadership' of the nation. In a statement released on Monday by his spokesperson, Abubakar expressed deep concern over the escalating cost of living, which he stated is severely hindering teachers' ability to provide for their families and effectively carry out their crucial educational duties. Abubakar, a staunch advocate for education, took a moment to laud the immense sacrifices made by Nigerian educators. Reflecting on his own formative years, he shared a personal connection to the teaching profession. "Of course, I appreciate Nigerian teachers. I am a product of their work and the education I received in their classrooms,...

DENIAL OF CANADA VISA- NIGERIANS SHOULD RESPECT THEMSELVES- NDUME. (PHOTO).


 Denial of Canada visa – Nigerians should respect themselves – Ndume


Lawmaker representing Borno South senatorial district at the Nigerian Senate, Senator Ali Ndume, has suggested that leaders in the country do not accord themselves the needed respect before the international community.


Ndume said this in reaction to recent denial of visa to Nigerian Chief of Army Staff, CDS, Gen. Christopher Musa by the High Commission of Canada in Nigeria.


As DAILY POST earlier reported, Musa was scheduled to travel to Canada for an event in honour of the fallen heroes but was denied visa by the Canadian embassy in Nigeria.


Speaking at the National Association of the Institute for Security Studies, AANISS, in Abuja on Thursday, Musa confirmed they were denied visas to Canada.


Musa said: “Every disappointment is a blessing. Yesterday, I was meant to be in Canada. There’s an event to honour our veterans, those that were injured during battles, and we were meant to be there.”


The National Security Adviser, NSA, Nuhu Ribadu, in his reaction, had berated the Canadian embassy for denying the Chief of Defence Staff and other army chiefs visas.


Ribadu said the North American country “can go to hell”.


However, Canada said it cannot reveal the reason for denying visa to Musa and his colleagues due to “privacy reasons”.


The Minister of Interior, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, had also described the incident as disrespectful to Nigeria.


Tunji-Ojo stated that the action by the Canadian embassy was condemnable and showed lack of respect to Nigeria as a country.


But appearing on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics, Ndume suggested that Nigerian leaders should learn to stay home instead of globetrotting.


“You brought about the CDS drama and how the NSA reacted or overreacted. In the first place, There’s no doubt that that is a kind of disrespect to Nigeria, but you have to respect yourself first.


“They should have written to them, inviting them. And it is that letter of invitation, I don’t know whether they did that, that they would have used to ask for a visa, and it should be clear, if they don’t get the visa, they don’t go.


“I’m happy the CDS is not worried about it. But if you don’t respect yourself that much, this is what happens.


“How can, I can’t imagine it. How can the CDS of Nigeria, a country that is known and the most populous and ranked top, and we have been contributing to international engagements, denied visa?


“And what they wanted to do was to go and attend the whatever in honour of the fallen heroes. So I can understand why the NSA was very angry, but for me, as I said, let’s be Nigerians.


“I don’t go anywhere. And I’m a Senator. For the past 15-20, years, I’ve been in the National Assembly. I don’t go anywhere. I don’t need to go anywhere. Nigeria is my country.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.